PDA

View Full Version : Two Problems I have with the game....

Skaboots
03-31-2011, 04:53 AM
Don't get me wrong this is a great game and I like everything about it except for two things, and both heavily have to do with multilayer:

1. Castle towers: I think they should only be activated if their is a friendly unit nearby (like in Medieval 2). Everyone knows assaulting a castle is tough, the enemy could be camped out on the main level and unless you have siege unit a good 20% of a unit can suffer casualties by one tower alone. Not to mention the archers you have to face one you face the main force....

2. The general and morale: Why is it that units run away without even fighting if the general dies? I had my general sniped in one battle and as the enemy sent its infantry towards me, every unit within 20 seconds turned and ran. Maybe tweak the morale portion of it so units can at least do some damage.

And on a minor note I noticed a bug that my avatar many times is actually the enemies general, and I have a different one.

cephalo
03-31-2011, 05:14 AM
As for number two, I would say it makes perfect sense. Especially for Ashigaru, the main reason to risk their lives in battle is that the authority that conscripted them would cut off their heads at the slightest hint of hesitation. Once the local representative of that authority is unable to enforce their participation, they'll want to bug out. Its all just a struggle between who is to be most feared. With the general and his bodyguard routed, the fear meter pegs in the direction of the enemy.

Imagine if some computer virus wiped out the records of all bank loans. Some honest people would still pay, but most would not.