PDA

View Full Version : Trading ports access

autie
04-17-2011, 03:51 AM
Can I enter a trading port (anchor sites) if another clan is there with which I am friendly and have a trading agreement? It seems that any move I make to enter triggers a declare War button which is not what I want to do. The declare war button does suggest that there are other ways to enter the port through the diplomatic screen. but other than having a trading agreement(which I have) I'm not clear on what to do?
Can I also just sail into a friendly Clan's Port to create a trade route?

feelfreetodie
04-17-2011, 04:02 AM
trade nodules ( 6 of them) can only be occupied by 1 clan at a time, they cannot be shared.
trade routes are automatically created once a trade agreement has been signed.

the opinions expressed are solely beliefs of the author and said author will not be held responsible for any misrepresentation.

The shogun
04-17-2011, 04:02 AM
nope, u cant

Kessen
04-17-2011, 04:08 AM
You're referring to those trade nodes, like silk or cotton. Only one clan can access a trade node at any one time. Aside from declaring war to take over the trade node, you can simply wait him out. Park a ship next to the trade node and take it over when the other clan dies off.

Personally, if it's a clan that dies off quickly (like Otomo) or one that is too far away to be a meaningful threat (like Honma), I'll just attack the trade node. On occasion, this has backfired when I miscalculated the chance of the other clan's survival. I thought the Hatekeyama would get killed off, so I took over their trade node. Instead, they rebounded and took over a bunch of provinces. They used the next several turns being a thorn at my side and raiding my trade routes.