PDA

View Full Version : is the multiplayer server down at the moment?

Kiyosk
05-20-2011, 11:34 AM
No server response if i click the clan page and clan competition.

Confused Johnny
05-20-2011, 11:43 AM
same here, i get some stupid "out of memory" message!

Gotta love the dedication to smooth MP gaming being displayed on S2TW! :P

IncubusDragon
05-20-2011, 11:58 AM
yeah, getting that too

Kiyosk
05-20-2011, 11:59 AM
same here, i get some stupid "out of memory" message!

Gotta love the dedication to smooth MP gaming being displayed on S2TW! :P

me too, i thought my ram sticks are dying.,

Hidden Gunman
05-20-2011, 12:39 PM
It started a couple of hours ago. Could be CA are working on them.

GfmHellmann
05-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Confirmed, pls get it going again before the weekend -.-

Kiyosk
05-20-2011, 01:14 PM
could be the 3rd patch is coming? :D or is it just me dreaming.

Fuwan
05-20-2011, 01:18 PM
I doubt it Kiyosk. I hope so tho ;x

Profane
05-20-2011, 01:43 PM
It could be a ninja patch of some stuff... They dont announce every bug fix if they are small. SO it could be that or they ****** the server ^^

Hob
05-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Same - Anyone know if the stats will keep saving though for the clan comp and leaderboards? Yesterday it was a bit off and on but nothing was seeming to update.

Nabeshima
05-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Official statement please ???

Hob
05-20-2011, 02:30 PM

You'll be lucky. And if they don't fix it today it will probably be like it all weekend aswell.

Zverina
05-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Well, I'm glad I'm not home right now. I have the chance of it being done om he next 7 hours. Xp

Nabeshima
05-20-2011, 02:46 PM
You'll be lucky.

I know since Patch 2.0 CA member posts are rarely seen,
I call this "Duck & Cover"...
Since this is no ordinary bug but an urgent problem, they will hopley comment (better fix) it soon.
Obviously its a server problem, so they are in charge to do something...

And if they don't fix it today it will probably be like it all weekend aswell.
Lets hope they will cancel weekend for fixing this issue if it can´t get fixed by today.

The shogun
05-20-2011, 02:47 PM

aahahha we have a comedian in the house ^^

Nabeshima
05-20-2011, 02:52 PM
aahahha we have a comedian in the house ^^

Yeah you must be this comedian you are refering to,
at least that comes to my mind if I look at your
permanently unproductive and sarcastic posts (mostly one liner hahaha) all over this forum.
Ty

The shogun
05-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah you must be this comedian you are refering to,
at least that comes to my mind if I look at your
permanently unproductive and sarcastic posts (mostly one liner hahaha) all over this forum.
Ty

ur saying my comments are trolling comments? fair enough.

but you would be mad to say that their ur comment or his comment were any better. this thread is pretty redundant anyways.

Confused Johnny
05-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Even if it was urgent issue, as CA have mentioned they have different people in different departments for different things, so someone from community development (lol) or whatever could easily have given warning that clan servers would be down, even if they couldnt give timescale! If it problem out of the blue, same thing applies, a quick heads up doesnt take 5 minutes, but it seems this is par for the course!

Hehehe, in situations like this i think back to all the marketing **** months before s2tw release, when they were banging on about how awesome MP would be, how they looking to develop the community, dedicated MP team etc and i think wow, i preffered it when MP in TW actually worked. Sod all this clan **** which they dont have a clue how to run, give us a consistent, working MP for gods sake!

Nabeshima
05-20-2011, 03:15 PM
ur saying my comments are trolling comments? fair enough.
Yes they are in all cases I´ve seen when I view your last posts.

but you would be mad to say that their ur comment or his comment were any better.
this thread is pretty redundant anyways.

Dude, maybe everyone trolls sometimes, but you do nothing else....
Thats sad lad

eXistenZ
05-20-2011, 03:27 PM
can ply battle list battles, but no clan response whatso ever, and profiles won't load....

Nabeshima
05-20-2011, 03:33 PM
can ply battle list battles, but no clan response whatso ever, and profiles won't load....

Matchmaking is working too, but you get no awards like clan token etc.

Kiyosk
05-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Even if it was urgent issue, as CA have mentioned they have different people in different departments for different things, so someone from community development (lol) or whatever could easily have given warning that clan servers would be down, even if they couldnt give timescale! If it problem out of the blue, same thing applies, a quick heads up doesnt take 5 minutes, but it seems this is par for the course!

Hehehe, in situations like this i think back to all the marketing **** months before s2tw release, when they were banging on about how awesome MP would be, how they looking to develop the community, dedicated MP team etc and i think wow, i preffered it when MP in TW actually worked. Sod all this clan **** which they dont have a clue how to run, give us a consistent, working MP for gods sake!

They could have atleast put a news ticker on the the multiplayer interface. Like most games i know of. so that way they can update online players immedietly, if there's a server maintenance.

mcz1945
05-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Also, when i click on the Avatar statistics tab, it either goes back to main menu or crashes

Keramory
05-20-2011, 04:56 PM
As someone said above, matchmaking is still working as normal.
However no tokens (which is a big grr for me) and no influence points.

Can anyone varify if armor can be unlocked still?

I'd suggest everyone do battle list while it gets popular, at least you can chose night and rain and stuff you normally cant do.

Profane
05-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Done 5 battles while servers are down. No armour, no tokens, no influence and very little xp..?

Kintano
05-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Played 3 matches, got kicked out of the game 3 times because of de-synching. Awesome.

GfmHellmann
05-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Cmon CA don`t do this to us, weekend is coming and servers are down...real life incoming wtf o0

Nighthawk00
05-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Cmon CA don`t do this to us, weekend is coming and servers are down...real life incoming wtf o0

Yes imagine that, the nerds will have to go outside. Outside with all the other humans. How disgusting ;)

grandmaster
05-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Yes imagine that, the nerds will have to go outside. Outside with all the other humans. How disgusting ;)

Lol...jogg on nerds, tickled me that nice one.

Shiny
05-20-2011, 06:34 PM
yes. it's still possible to get armor. I got a helmet ( after 3 weeks of getting -.-)

eXistenZ
05-20-2011, 06:44 PM

nah i still stay indoors, but it means i will have to study.....

spicykorean
05-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Epic thread.

Hob
05-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Getting silly now the amount of times it's been down with no word from CA and the weekend approaching.

More annoying that our clan map battle had finally turned to a decent fight over the provinces and now we can't do anything :(

Beauchamp
05-20-2011, 10:41 PM
every game has a lot of serious issues in both single and multiplayer, but only total ******s can release it before fixing at least the major ones.

Sahin the Falcon
05-21-2011, 01:34 AM
Didn't get any clan tokens today for my wins.

oManiaso
05-21-2011, 04:59 AM
same
-No server response if i click the clan page ,clan competition.
-if click the leader boards.... get massage "Empty server response".
-thrown back to shogun 2 title menu when click avatar profile.

Zverina
05-21-2011, 06:46 AM
No clan tokens is the worst part. What am I supposed to do when I get my good units to level 8 later? Just let them get a ****py normal skill? Lolno! I need more tokens, slowly running out. >.<

ILoveLags
05-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Same problem here ...

Kinjo-migrated
05-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Well its been down for 24 hours for me, I was hoping to do some match made battles this weekend. At least I have the Witch 2 to play.

Colt
05-21-2011, 09:51 AM
3 days down :/ no clan tokens :( why even play matchmaking? just get some friends do battle list and speed +2 -.-

Burny
05-21-2011, 10:41 AM
CA, u need to fix this NOW, it's unacceptable, and it's not the first time either.

Chris lol
05-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Yeap i bought the game for the MP. And its not even working.

g freaking g

I expect an explanation and an apology from CA. And a proper one, not craig posting "whups" in some obscure thread. A proper announcement containing an apology to the MP community.

Never going to happen though. In league of legends when the servers go down or have issues all players affected get riot points (which cost money) as a compensation. CA could take an example from that. Again though: never going to happen xD

Dameir
05-21-2011, 11:08 AM
I haven't played Napoleon, but in their defence they're doing some pretty new stuff here. Trying out new concepts and such there's always gonna be bugs and cheaters.. Give them some time to sort it out.

blenta
05-21-2011, 11:09 AM
"Calling CA on Skype, they answer: This is CA, we are not here at the moment, please leave a message, will we get back to you as soon as we spend our money on our holiday on Cuba while sipping margaritas on the beach... oh.. wait dam.... GrrrHmm leave the message after the tone, tone: ''Suckers ! HAHAHAA "....

spicykorean
05-21-2011, 03:35 PM
I haven't played Napoleon, but in their defence they're doing some pretty new stuff here. Trying out new concepts and such there's always gonna be bugs and cheaters.. Give them some time to sort it out.

It's new stuff for them, but hardly new in the game industry. It's not as though multiplayer online gaming was invented last year.

AMP
05-21-2011, 04:16 PM
I can understand being annoyed by not getting tokens because they are nice to earn for your vets. The thing I *can't* understand is why so many people care if a ladder goes down that was broken/flawed anyway same with the clan meta? And people caring about stats not being updated as well with the flawed p2p system? I just don't get it...

I play MM for the enjoyment of random opponents, random maps, and tokens, not a broken ladder and flawed clan meta. If there were dedicated servers with a good ladder that wasn't just a grind to the top then I could understand people complaining when it goes down without a word as to why.

bggeneral
05-21-2011, 04:26 PM
I can understand being annoyed by not getting tokens because they are nice to earn for your vets. The thing I *can't* understand is why so many people care if a ladder goes down that was broken/flawed anyway same with the clan meta? And people caring about stats not being updated as well with the flawed p2p system? I just don't get it...

I play MM for the enjoyment of random opponents, random maps, and tokens, not a broken ladder and flawed clan meta. If there were dedicated servers with a good ladder that wasn't just a grind to the top then I could understand people complaining when it goes down without a word as to why.

People are paying money for operational, reliable and functional product. When they buy some multiplayer game, they expect to have it working. If is not working as described in the manual, then the producer must not advertise this product as "multiplayer". It is clear - gamers pay money to have ALL features, working, not just some of them.

bggeneral
05-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Unfortunately, it is not the second time either.......

Nighthawk00
05-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Still not fixed?

AMP
05-21-2011, 04:53 PM
People are paying money for operational, reliable and functional product. When they buy some multiplayer game, they expect to have it working. If is not working as described in the manual, then the producer must not advertise this product as "multiplayer". It is clear - gamers pay money to have ALL features, working, not just some of them.

It is flawed that's my point. I'm asking why so many give a **** about a flawed system?

Colt
05-21-2011, 05:58 PM
nope not fixed and i bet it wont be fixed till next week ^^

Parkaboy
05-21-2011, 08:29 PM
The end of the world!

YourBadReflexes
05-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Maybe the CA staff took that nutjob seriously about the end of the world today. Maybe they thought there was no point to running the servers. But how long before they fix this seriously? How long before they at least issue a statement?

Kinjo-migrated
05-21-2011, 08:41 PM
The end of the world!

Actually if you believe this man it is!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-preacher-warns-end-of-the-world-is-nigh-21-may-around-6pm-to-be-precise-2254139.html

None the less I was hoping to earn some clan tokens today so I can buy my way into heaven.

Honorius
05-21-2011, 09:28 PM
The church says i have 1.5 hours left to live and I am spending it on the TW forums, not cool, lol.

CraigTW
05-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Hi guys,

I've posted in a few threads to this effect. Just to let you know we're having a few problems with the multiplayer servers. We're working on fixing them but it might be Monday before they're fully operational again.

Rest assured it's not Rapture.

Thanks,
Craig

mmurray821
05-21-2011, 10:06 PM

Darnit. You got my hopes all up.
You have an image for a quick rebuild along with a database snapshot? Maybe VM if you guys are really high speed.
You ever think about using a cloud to help?

Chris lol
05-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Craig TW: Thanks for letting the community know whats up, its really appreciated.

Good luck fixing the servers and keep up the good work :)

Hidden Gunman
05-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the advice Craig, most appreciated.

Cheers.

AMP
05-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Yes I miss grinding my way to the top of a broken ladder and not being able to collect tokens, so sad. And people still dodge me when the broken ladder isn't up and running, epic!

Beauchamp
05-21-2011, 10:49 PM
Hi guys,

I've posted in a few threads to this effect. Just to let you know we're having a few problems with the multiplayer servers. We're working on fixing them but it might be Monday before they're fully operational again.

Thanks,
Craig

if you're as fast as with informing on what is happening as with the fixing, i hope that in july 2012 everything will be all fine.

Kiyosk
05-22-2011, 01:51 AM
the thing is, this thread has already 7 pages. Why didn't we get the heads up earlier?
sucks, i also thought the servers are down because they're fixing the bugs..but noo..the servers are just broken

Cu'Roi
05-22-2011, 02:44 AM

actually, a good deal of people, myself included didn't expect to get a totally functional or reliable product on release day (as sad as that fact is, such is the state of the industry). what i didn't expect was a slow and difficult and thus far largely unsuccessful patching process akin to what was experienced in ETW, especially since their planned features for this game didn't seem all that ambitious.

but your point is taken and well received.

Nabeshima
05-22-2011, 07:38 AM
the thing is, this thread has already 7 pages. Why didn't we get the heads up earlier?
sucks, i also thought the servers are down because they're fixing the bugs..but noo..the servers are just broken

That why I blame them to "Duck & Cover"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqXu-5jw60

A fast response on this topic was rightly expected,
b/c its a global game killer and obviously a CA server problem.
Instead we get a standart statement (wich is ok, but) with 24 hours delay ?
Shame on you for this great support...

donCamillo
05-22-2011, 08:46 AM
shame on the community to blame everyone and this only 10 seconds after it happened, before even thinking about the topic.

if they would be here answering your 1000 threads you would complain that they are here and not fixing the issues. if they are busy fixing the issues you are complaining why they dont answer all 1000 threads

Nabeshima
05-22-2011, 08:55 AM
shame on the community to blame everyone and this only 10 seconds after it happened, before even thinking about the topic.

Everyone ? Only blaming CA....
10 seconds ? More than 24 hours until a 1st stamement.
BTW look at similar issues before, they were commentet much earlier,
of course with the standart pharase "We are aware of the issue and working on it!

if they would be here answering your 1000 threads you would complain that they are here and not fixing the issues.
if they are busy fixing the issues you are complaining why they dont answer all 1000 threads

lol are you a mind reader ?
Or a Fanboy ?

donCamillo
05-22-2011, 09:10 AM
lol are you a mind reader ?
Or a Fanboy ?

really a fanboy. this is my first total war. and if this game isnt running i can do something else, so im not addicted, sry.
but it annoys to read only insults and bs, instead of constructive criticism.

Nabeshima
05-22-2011, 09:23 AM
really a fanboy. this is my first total war.

The one does not necessarily go with the other

and if this game isnt running i can do something else, so im not addicted, sry.

Sure you can do something else,
but don´t judge people as "addicted" who are looking forward to play this game on the weekend,
b/c otherwise they have not enough time (work the whole week you know). Thats a stupid derivation dude.

but it annoys to read only insults and bs, instead of constructive criticism.
So I am annoyed of the endless MP problems this game has, and IMO its CAs MO in dealing with the community
wich leads to most of the insulting posts in this forum. BTW What would be constructive critisism in this case ?

donCamillo
05-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Sure you can do something else,
but don´t judge people as "addicted" who are looking forward to play this game on the weekend,
b/c otherwise they have not enough time (work the whole week you know). Thats a stupid derivation dude.

i said you are addicted, or did u assume that? should i assume now that im out of work?

So I am annoyed of the endless MP problems this game has, and IMO its CAs MO in dealing with the community
wich leads to most of the insulting posts in this forum. BTW What would be constructive critisism in this case ?

do you work harder if your client insults you? or maybe if he accepts some circumstances and is patient. and no i dont say you have to be patient over 20 years and some pressure is incorrect.

Nabeshima
05-22-2011, 10:07 AM
i said you are addicted, or did u assume that? should i assume now that im out of work?

??? proper english please ???
Maybe I undestand than what you wanna say....

do you work harder if your client insults you?

Hmm let me see, when I release an unfinished/broken product I wouldn´t wonder about complains from customers.
If it was my fault (not the companys) I even would get fired....

or maybe if he accepts some circumstances and is patient.
and no i dont say you have to be patient over 20 years and some pressure is incorrect.

So why are we debating it ?
I asked "nicely" for a simple comment on Friday,
its clearly CAs fault not to answer the community faster.
So again, no wonder that insults are the result.

But enough of this time wasting blabla,
you have your point as I have mine.

CraigTW
05-22-2011, 12:05 PM

Sorry, the scale of the server problems were much larger than we first thought, hence we waited until we knew what was happening to inform you guys.

Hidden Gunman
05-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks Craig.

Any update on a possible date/time they may come on-line?

Nabeshima
05-22-2011, 12:25 PM
As he said before, maybe monday, but considering Craigs last post

...server problems were much larger than we first thought...
I wont count on on this statment anymore

Hob
05-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Sorry, the scale of the server problems were much larger than we first thought, hence we waited until we knew what was happening to inform you guys.

A simple post - We are aware of the problem with the servers and are working on it, We will get back to you once we know more?

Soooooo simple to do, no promises made and the community doesn't feel ignored as I assure you we all do. I do appreciate you finally informing us though.

GfmHellmann
05-22-2011, 01:13 PM
@CraigTW Thanks for the info, as you can see we, the players appreciate every little info on whats going on. Just a few sentences can stop or even better prevent much of the whining and flaming. We have some decent players here who do _a lot_ of community work for you. They tell others that the game in fact _is_ well balanced, they give info to new players on how to deal with tech probs and become better players. Last but not least they encourage many players to keep the faith in this great game.

Don`t let this people down. When tech probs occur, no prob sir s*** happens _but_ tell us whats going on please, the earlier the better. Just a few sentences can do wonders, sir.

GfmHellmann
05-22-2011, 02:52 PM
It seems the clan server is working again^^ Give it a try guys 8D

eXistenZ
05-22-2011, 03:05 PM
It seems the clan server is working again^^ Give it a try guys 8D

yep, and no data seems lost in the avatar profile. (battle statistics i mean) can't say for leaderboards

Hidden Gunman
05-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Stats are up, and leaderboard seems to have kept track during the downtime, but no clan tokens for downtime wins. But I still have the random drops I scored though (how many standard crests do I need? Lol...)

[OTD]Sonovagod
05-24-2011, 08:33 AM
nice 1, my clan got demoted during this BS.............