PDA

View Full Version : ATW issues [Solved through installer workaround]

Cromwell
08-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Hi there,
Hi, I've just bought ATW from GG, downloaded it to the main RTW folder etc etc. When I clicked on the desktop icon an error came up saying I was missing dll.32. So I downloaded that and put it in ATW AND Windows directory.
I clicked on desktop again - this time it came up with an error saying "_AIL_init_3D_sample_handle@12 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll."
Does anybody know how to solve this? I have the RTW Gold pack which I downloaded somewhere else other than GG. Would that matter?

Cromwell
08-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Okay - no takers. So, I re-installed and put the exe. into the main RTW folder along with the other 2 (BI & RTW). Now I get NO error boxes. What happens is a RTW-Alex window in my taskbar then i get a black screen, it goes to desktop, then I get a black screen, then I get a brief flash of the Alexander/Sega screen...
Then, crash to desktop and the window in the taskbar disappears. It's over.
So does anyone have any ideas on what may be happening?

Cromwell
08-28-2011, 01:05 AM
Got it working after 5 solid evenings of figuring it out. I'll pass it on to others who may come up with the same problem.
1] The installer puts the ATW exe in the ATW folder. I moved this into the MAIN RTW Gold Folder along with its 2 brothers.
2] There should only be 1 Alexander folder. The installer creates an Alexander folder within the main Alexander folder. I simply moved the stuff from the minor Alexander folder into the main Alexander folder and deleted the minor.
The game works.
Perhaps this is a "no **** sherlock" moment for some of you guys out there but the only one replying to my posts was me. I did many variations of a theme over these past 5 nights and it was just by chance I figured this out.
I hope this helps folks out there.

Iscaran
08-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Hey thanks for finding out AND letting us know ;).

Sorry no one had a helping hint - but looks like the issue is pretty rare then.

Seems like the installer of the specific version of you is not working correctly and you had to fix it manually. I would contact the re-seller in that case if I were you.

Cromwell
08-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks Iscaran. It is helpful when someone fixes it themselves to actually tell others how to fix it. It's only good manners.