PDA

View Full Version : Kisho Ninja - Bombs useless?

gbatemper
10-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Whenever I try to use them, whether going downhill, uphill, walking, or running, they all somehow misfire and then makes half my army route. I end up turning off fire at will. How the hell do I use them?

spicykorean
10-29-2011, 06:43 PM
you just answered your own question.

Royene
10-29-2011, 06:51 PM
it is useful if you know how to use them

Blu C Fox
10-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Don't fire them over the heads of your own troops, or into units that are in melee with your own forces. Or if you are going to make sure you are using cheap units, like Naganata Attendants.

Arilon
10-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Fire at will always off, sneak in range and throw them.

Half Life Expert
10-29-2011, 09:18 PM
yeah, sneak up behind enemy unit (preferably general) then use them

AMP
10-29-2011, 09:19 PM
The stealth allows you to be practically h u m p i n g the enemy units before they spot you with your bomb throwing. The FF penalty won't rout you when your units are fairly full and only just started the contact... it eventually wears off. Also you can bomb away into the BP Sam(doesnt suffer from FF), units with holdfirm(unbreakable morale), and banzai(when first activated unbreakable morale, but doesnt last the whole time banzai is activated) without the worry of FF. I just really wish you could target ground with the bomb throwing, now that would make bomb throwing 10x better, but maybe a tad cheap.

gbatemper
10-29-2011, 09:38 PM
The stealth allows you to be practically h u m p i n g the enemy units before they spot you with your bomb throwing. The FF penalty won't rout you when your units are fairly full and only just started the contact... it eventually wears off. Also you can bomb away into the BP Sam(doesnt suffer from FF), units with holdfirm(unbreakable morale), and banzai(when first activated unbreakable morale, but doesnt last the whole time banzai is activated) without the worry of FF. I just really wish you could target ground with the bomb throwing, now that would make bomb throwing 10x better, but maybe a tad cheap.
Hmm, how exactly does stealth work?
I've always used it for it's charge and attack gain, but nothing else.
Does it make the Ninja hidden while running and walking? Is the distance it is revealed less or changed?

and what retainers should I use other then Monomi Spy, Jonin, Blademaster, and yagya?

Blu C Fox
10-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Stealth makes you much harder to spot and allows you to remain hidden while running. Light cav will still be able to see you, but even then they will need to get much closer.

andferpa
10-30-2011, 12:00 AM
Stealth makes the units be hidden as long as the effect lasts, it also gives a boost to charge and attack.

use trading post, it means you can afford more ninjas... :)

Vessinger
10-31-2011, 07:54 AM
The bombs aren't useless, you just have to be extremely careful of how, when, and where you use them. Don't throw them up hill, inside a forest, when it is overlapping with another unit, or if one is immediately in front of the ninjas. Otherwise the ninjas will blow themselves up in addition to or instead of the enemy. With positioning and timing they can devastate an army, but it is highly situational and depends a great deal on luck and your enemy not closing too quickly, or in the best case scenario, not moving at all.

Hunchback
10-31-2011, 05:14 PM
There's a dedicated kisho ninja thread here, check it out for tips and tricks.

Bombs are not useless at all, if used correctly you can almost rout a whole army with them.

Olgert
11-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Generally you shouldn't use bombs(simple charge is much better, enemy is moving etc.). Using it against Yari Wall or any tightly packed unit formation is exception.

Royene
11-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Generally you shouldn't use bombs(simple charge is much better, enemy is moving etc.). Using it against Yari Wall or any tightly packed unit formation is exception.
You are right. But if you want to hit yari, why don't just spend it upon high vetted infantry?