PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Ashigaru Army

Thesaboteur
01-06-2012, 05:57 PM
I was wondering if you guys have tips for a Ashigaru army. I made one that is 4x Bow Ashi, 4x Loan Sword, x2 Nagi Atten., 2x Sword Atten., 2x Yari samurai with Hold firm, 2x Great Guard, Bow General, and a Katana hero. I know that some of you will say Warcry will kill this army but ironiclly, the first match I had was against a monk spammer. He had 6x Nagi. Monks with a bow monk some nagi. attendants. Went into battle expecting to lose quickly but my army held on. The bow ashigaru did nothing to stall the advance... mabye 30 kills with all 4 but my attendants held the line for the bows to escape. I skirmished his general off but still had the monks to deal with. Plain and simple, he took the sword dojo on Obake Gorge (?) and rushed me. I laid out a defensive position beforehand to allow my general to skirmish. Heres how it turned out. He used warcry and I used hold firm. My army anihilated his. Bows attacked his archers and swords took out his monks. I deployed them in this position:

----Nagi Attendants--------------------------------------------Nagi Attendants-------------------
---Sword Attendants----------Bow-------Bow----------Bow-------Bow-----Sword Attendants-----
----Loan Sword-------Loan Sword----------Loan Sword----------Loan Sword----------------
---------------------------------------------------Katana Hero----------------------------------
---------------Yari----------------------------------------------Yari---------------------------

That was my defensive position while my Great Guard and General were off skirmishing. I used these retainers:
Trading Post
Shogun's Emmisary(?)
Rennyo's Teaching
Way of the Ikko-Ikki
The one that gives +2 defense to swords....

That is my first build for an Ashi. army and want some tips on how to improve. (All ashigaru units at this point are Vanilla)

Chris lol
01-06-2012, 06:06 PM
If only people had the common sence to post a replay rather than type out their epic tales

spicykorean
01-06-2012, 06:44 PM
That would require too much work. ;)

andferpa
01-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Put hold firm on the yari ashigaru, get 2 or 3 of them and put them behind vanilla yari ashigaru, vet up the loans to maximum attack.

Get matchlock monks and bow warrior monks, along with monk cav, to support everything. Don´t use rennyo´s, try shirabyoshi or something else.

Get rid of the yari samurai and get naginata monks, the warcry will help you a lot.

KatsumotoGK
01-06-2012, 07:12 PM
get rid of the bow general and go all leadership and spend the last points in melee defense then offense .. that is your problem right there - drop trading post and introduce the ashigaru retainer which gives -10% ashigaru cost, also bow ashigaru are really worthless these days, try using bow samurai with bow damage instead.

samurai naginata hero
01-06-2012, 07:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exNQdXys1EA&context=C315154fADOEgsToPDskJTxFvPvevnWKxti7XmK2Hm watch this for how to use arigashi loansord and bows

Thesaboteur
01-06-2012, 07:52 PM
If only people had the common sence to post a replay rather than type out their epic tales

Nah I don't do that lol. Honestly, don't like the replays because of the bugs. Even if I post one, I could end up losing and then whats the point of that?

admiral_tromp
01-06-2012, 09:30 PM
I would advise, just don't use ashi. I hate fighting ashie armies, my gen gets over 300 kills then. in my eyes that's a bit to ridicilous. (in cause your wandering, I will win).

PS
if that sounded a little overconfident, sorry about it, but just don't use them. SAMURAI FOR LIVE.

December
01-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Ashigaru armies and bow generals don't mix. Your general doesn't give a lot of buffs to your army, and he'll most likely be distanced from the bulk of your forces doing his own thing. Not that Bow Generals are bad, you're just asking for it with this army setup. Just saying... If you make it work though I'd love to see.

Secuter
01-07-2012, 09:10 AM

Replays don't work :/