PDA

View Full Version : WILL THIS RUN SHOGUN 2 (GOOD-GREAT-Or POOR )

RoadTrip
09-18-2012, 04:25 AM
Hey all im getting a new comp, love the series, a bit behind on all this tech so could you all inform me if this is gonna run Shogun 2 (Good Great or Poor) and can give detail in answer thankyou :)

Components

• Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

• 3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM Processor (2.3 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)

• NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 2GB GDDR5 memory [HDMI, VGA]

• FREE UPGRADE to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

• FREE Upgrade to 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

• NO mSSD Hard Drive Acceleration Cache

• Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word/Excel(R) only, No PowerPoint(R)/Outlook(R)

• No additional security software

• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

• 17.3-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1600 x 900)

• FREE Upgrade to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner

• HP TrueVision HD Webcam

• 802.11b/g/n WLAN

• Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad

• Included 2 Year Warranty

ok thankyou for the input, now this will increase price by about $300 but I've listened to your comments and up'd the CPU and the battery. Have a look and tell me what you think :)

• Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• 3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM Processor (2.6 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
• NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 2GB GDDR5 memory [HDMI, VGA]
• FREE UPGRADE to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 1.5TB 7200 rpm Dual Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• NO mSSD Hard Drive Acceleration Cache
• Microsoft(R) Office Home and Student 2010
• No additional security software
• 30% off 9 cell Lithium Ion Battery
• 17.3-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1600 x 900)
• FREE Upgrade to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
• HP TrueVision HD Webcam
• 802.11b/g/n WLAN
• Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad
• Included 2 Year Warranty

Thanks!!!!

Osmos1
09-18-2012, 04:39 AM
Your cpu is the only thing i feel is lacking.

AlJabberwock
09-18-2012, 05:29 AM
Meh, its a laptop so its got several limitations against it (laptops are built for mobility and low energy useage - whereas heavy duty 3d gaming requires pretty intense energy useage and therfor less m obility to really do it right)... However, it will play the game, and since with a laptop you are also playing it on a smaller monitor, this will help in some areas. I agree the CPU would be better if it were faster, as would a better graphic card be preferable, but given that neither are anywhere near the top of the game, they aren't that badly unbalanced. I use a 2.66 i7 that Turbos to 2.93, and it runs fine at the stock turbo speed. Yours will turbo higher, although I hope you aren't thinking you are going to be playing this on the battery for more than a very short time! ANother concern may be heat since this IS going to heat that ****** up - probably should be thinking about either short gaming sessions or a serious cooling pad.

For me a more serious concern is the fact you have a 5400rpm orthodox harddrive in there (thats ALSO below mainstream and you should at least be looking for a 7200rpm spindle speed...).

I would say medium to high. You may do better in some areas if you are willing to either cut down unit size, numbers of players, or are wililng to deal with occassional slow downs in frame rate.

RoadTrip
09-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Thankyou :)

AlJabberwock
09-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Hey, my pleasure, but DO get a faster harddrive unless you wanna look like Telly Savalas. That one will make EVERYTHING load s l o w l y and make you wanna tear your hair out! :)

~Al