PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order but first activate in november

Sir William
07-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Hi,

Want to pre-order Rome II to receive the greek citystates.

But as I want to use it as a gift in november, would I then still get the greek citystates and Pontus when activated 2 month after release? Pontus should be a gift from day 1.

Thanks in advance

ag_derp
07-28-2013, 09:44 AM
what a pain!!! wait until november?!?!?!?! :eek:

DEADLY9996
07-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Yes you should be able too, because you'll be given the Rome 2 key, then the keys for whatever DLC come free :).

Aslong as those keys don't get registered by someone else.. 2 months down the line you can add them too steam and it will all work ok!

daelin4
07-28-2013, 09:48 AM
I believe that physical copies of Shogun2's Limited Edition had two separate keys- one for the game, and another for what later became DLC content that could be purchased separately. I believe if you pre-order Rome2 from other participating e-retailers, they will email the separate keys.

Pontus is free, and is basically a day-1 patch. Everybody can play them. I do not think this applies for Steam since there is no middleman of actual serials when purchasing from the Steam store, at least most games. It doesn't really matter anyways.

Petromir
07-28-2013, 09:56 AM
I believe that physical copies of Shogun2's Limited Edition had two separate keys- one for the game, and another for what later became DLC content that could be purchased separately. I believe if you pre-order Rome2 from other participating e-retailers, they will email the separate keys.

Pontus is free, and is basically a day-1 patch. Everybody can play them. I do not think this applies for Steam since there is no middleman of actual serials when purchasing from the Steam store, at least most games. It doesn't really matter anyways.

Steam does have actual serial numbers, but if you are buying on the steam store then you are unlikely to need to access them, unless the game has its own accounts system.