PDA

View Full Version : Unit Experience

Ferni5
02-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Does anyone have any information on unit experience? From the screen-shots, it seems that the game has an meter of experience for each unit. Does anyone have information? How it works? How experience is gained? What are the affects?

mmurray821
02-21-2011, 11:02 PM
From what I have seen, when a unit gains experience they have some sort of skill tree you can choose from. Dunno the specifics, but it looks really neat. I love the idea of making my own l33t unit that has some real history behind it rather than recruiting a elite unit xx from clan yy.

Carnagejc
02-21-2011, 11:08 PM
on the multiplayer you have veteran soldiers and you can customize your whole army! For example say I have a unit of katana samurai that have done well in the last 2/3 battles i have i might choose to make them stand out from the rest as they are an elite unit. Im not so sure about single player but I imagine it would be similar to the agents, as murray suggested

Kessen
02-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Regarding unit experience, I would like to know whether it'll be like Medieval 2 or Empire:Total War (didn't touch Napoleon).

In Medieval 2, units gained experience slowly. It was a real struggle to get beyond 2 bronze promotions for melee units (unless it's a powerful dismounted knight unit beating up peasants and militia units). It was a see-saw battle of units gaining some experience during a battle and having that experience diluted by the replenishment of fresh recruits.

In Empire, unit promotions remains. A 60-men unit could be wiped out except for 5 survivors. If those 5 survivors gained 2 rank-ups, the 2 rank-ups would remain even after 55 new recruits were added to the depleted unit.

Killerbot
02-22-2011, 12:21 AM
Regarding unit experience, I would like to know whether it'll be like Medieval 2 or Empire:Total War (didn't touch Napoleon).

In Medieval 2, units gained experience slowly. It was a real struggle to get beyond 2 bronze promotions for melee units (unless it's a powerful dismounted knight unit beating up peasants and militia units). It was a see-saw battle of units gaining some experience during a battle and having that experience diluted by the replenishment of fresh recruits.

In Empire, unit promotions remains. A 60-men unit could be wiped out except for 5 survivors. If those 5 survivors gained 2 rank-ups, the 2 rank-ups would remain even after 55 new recruits were added to the depleted unit.

Um... in Empire if you replenished you lost experience...

Kessen
02-22-2011, 12:39 AM
Um... in Empire if you replenished you lost experience...

You're right, I apologize for the incorrect information. Perhaps it was due to my units in Empire gaining experience really quickly that I got the information mixed up.

Killerbot
02-22-2011, 12:40 AM
You're right, I apologize for the incorrect information. Perhaps it was due to my units in Empire gaining experience really quickly that I got the information mixed up.

Completely understandable, they did gain experience rather rapidly. When I'd play Prussia within like 10 turns I'd have an entire army with 4 promotions that would demolish opponents.