PDA

View Full Version : If USA has to wait till 9AM...

clench
03-15-2011, 01:49 AM
Im gonna be so mad. Blatant uk nationalism

Jenos
03-15-2011, 01:52 AM
I'm amuhrican and i say get over it.

Lucius Brutus
03-15-2011, 01:52 AM

It's comeuppance, considering how often a game will come into America a day or two before Europe because a company is based in America, CA is based in UK so they can get the game out faster than they can get it out here.

Basically. That and time difference.

Will Paz
03-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Here in Brazil will unlock at 10 a.m... D:

Silva
03-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Shogun 2 was unlocked for Japan back in the 16th century. Lucky! So jealous.

Phase
03-15-2011, 01:58 AM

Your arrogance is not doing your country's reputation much justice. I am British and have to wait until tomorrow to get it from the store. Grow up and don't act like such an infant.

clench
03-15-2011, 01:59 AM
It's comeuppance, considering how often a game will come into America a day or two before Europe because a company is based in America, CA is based in UK so they can get the game out faster than they can get it out here.

Basically. That and time difference.

That doesn't even make sense, I already have the game on my HDD, they just need to unlock it for us. I guess I could understand making us wait until midnight, but tomorrow morning? That's just mean. Especially when I have UK friends on steam messaging my from TW.

Jenos
03-15-2011, 02:01 AM
Be patient, imagine waiting 3 hours for a haircut, now THAT'S mean.

Phase
03-15-2011, 02:02 AM
That doesn't even make sense, I already have the game on my HDD, they just need to unlock it for us. I guess I could understand making us wait until midnight, but tomorrow morning? That's just mean. Especially when I have UK friends on steam messaging my from TW.

It makes perfect sense to you. Many American firms release their games in the US first and there's a time difference. Easier?

clench
03-15-2011, 02:03 AM
Yeah, but the time difference is only 6 hours. Not 14

Jenos
03-15-2011, 02:04 AM
Yeah, but the time difference is only 6 hours. Not 14

For every game ever released? I think not...

Masher8559
Considering we Brits have to wait 3 days after North America to play almost every game released these days.. i think you can wait a few more hours. Have you really nothing else to do?

sauced

like a spoiled child not used to waiting are we ? get in line....

SHogun 2 is unlocked here in DK.

clench
03-15-2011, 02:06 AM
It would be one thing if they made the UK wait till 9am too. I want justice

Crixus
03-15-2011, 02:07 AM
ZOMG!!!! Let's call the president!!!!

Jenos
03-15-2011, 02:08 AM
Why would we call Obama, he wouldn't do anything about it...

Travisfv
03-15-2011, 02:09 AM
No, it really doesnt make sense. I could see if it were not the digital age and we had to get the physical product, but it is the digital age, and the product has been delivered, it just needs electronic activation. Now the Steam people in California are the ones who unlock the game for us. So as of 6pm PST, they have unlocked the game for a timezone 9 hours ahead.

Seeing as how it shouldnt be too difficult to just continue unlocking and getting all regions up and running, I don't see how it makes sense to make everyone wait.

And I will make this argument in Europeans favor as well. I don't see why you guys have to wait when they are literally unlocking games for us 2 days before you, for no apparent reason. Steam has servers allover the world, so it doesnt come down to server overflow, as even unlocking in one region wont effect another.

Lucius Brutus
03-15-2011, 02:09 AM
It would be one thing if they made the UK wait till 9am too. I want justice

You want justice? UK has to wait 3 days after North America to play almost every game released nowadays, according to Masher who lives in England, so want to wait a few hours, or 72 hours?

Crixus
03-15-2011, 02:10 AM
Why would we call Obama, he wouldn't do anything about it...

hehe fair point, we need someone who can get things done...quick!! someone call JOE PESCI!!!

Jenos
03-15-2011, 02:11 AM
I wish people would just be patient, honestly. I'm from the U.S. and i could care less that its being released tomorrow, big whoop. As long as it isn't canceled I'm happy. You'll get to play, just pass some time with other games or even the demo, if you're really that desperate find a demo mod.

clench
03-15-2011, 02:12 AM
The UK will be carpet bombed again for this, mark my words!!

ranknfile
03-15-2011, 02:13 AM
I'm actually glad it won't be available until early tomorrow morning. That way I can get some sleep.

daelin4
03-15-2011, 02:15 AM
Its CA's way of saying "haha that's what you Yanks get for revolting! God Save the Queen!!11oneone"!

But seriously, who cares if a bunch of people get to play it one day before we do? I'll just ban them when they troll around bragging bout it.

Lucius Brutus
03-15-2011, 02:15 AM
The UK will be carpet bombed again for this, mark my words!!

Why? Does the little baby not have enough time on his hands? Why can't the game be out at around 3 so that I can play at the exact same time as everyone else? Why can't it be at 9PM so that work people can play it right when everyone else is? Oh the horror!

Lucius Brutus
03-15-2011, 02:16 AM
Its CA's way of saying "haha that's what you Yanks get for revolting against Her Majesty! God Save the Queen!!11oneone"

Best. Troll. Post. Evar.

Tinklepee
03-15-2011, 02:17 AM
Why do we have to be British or American or Japanese... Can't we all just simply be human beings.

Jenos
03-15-2011, 02:19 AM
Why do we have to be British or American or Japanese... Can't we all just simply be human beings.

No.. :)

Lucius Brutus
03-15-2011, 02:20 AM

Nice name.

ranknfile
03-15-2011, 02:22 AM

We ARE all simply human beings ... but human beings are too stupid to realize that we are more the same than different.

So we kill each other over our perceived differences.

Which generates cool war games like this one!

So "yes" ... every cloud DOES have a silver lining!!!!

EDIT: I mean "Shogun Total Peace" ....... BORING no?

Jenos
03-15-2011, 02:26 AM
We ARE all simply human beings ... but human beings are too stupid to realize that we are more the same than different.

When i started reading your comment I was mad....

Then I was like :D

Lucius Brutus
03-15-2011, 02:30 AM

*Claps* bravo sir... Bravo...

Tinklepee
03-15-2011, 02:32 AM

Good post...

It's sad... but it does make for some awesome video games...

ranknfile
03-15-2011, 02:33 AM
*Claps* bravo sir... Bravo...

Ah ... whatever.... "thanks."

I bought some sake to drink while playing Shogun 2.

9 am is a bit early to start drinking though ........

Maybe by the time I'm through with the tutorial....

Crixus
03-15-2011, 02:34 AM
Shogun Total Peace would be interesting for gardeners and landscape designers...you would get to be the "Shogun" of a magnificent Zen Garden, where you can battle other "Shogun" to see who has the best Cherry blossoms

Wallachian Boyar
03-15-2011, 02:35 AM
It always amuses me when limeys accuse Americans of arrogance...so funny!

Kessen
03-15-2011, 02:58 AM
Well, maybe we can have America: Total Election for CA's next game and it'll be released first for the Americans. Do fund-raising! Make slippery campaign promises! Spend money on attack ads to portray your political opponent as inept and weak!

Anyway, just sit tight and the game will be unlocked soon enough.

CYBEREVILRYU
03-15-2011, 03:00 AM
I do not really care if it comes out a week later here in the US, sooner or later i will get to play the game and i am just a little upset that we do not get the collectors edition, but it is what it is.

Kessen
03-15-2011, 03:05 AM
I do not really care if it comes out a week later here in the US, sooner or later i will get to play the game and i am just a little upset that we do not get the collectors edition, but it is what it is.

You can bug your local retailer to import the collector edition. I'm in Asia and my local retailer is bringing in the collector edition for about 63 GBP (Amazon UK retails it at 60 GBP).

Xar23
03-15-2011, 03:08 AM
Let me sum up this thread:

cry cry cry we don't get shogun until tomorrow and it's not faaaaair.

cry cry cry it's totally fair because we always get shafted all the other times.

(p.s. you don't have to wait until Friday on most games because US companies don't like you. It's because stores in the US make room for new stock on Tuesday and in Europe it's Friday. Blame your retailers for holding to their traditions)

TheDuffman
03-15-2011, 04:50 AM
Maybe you guys should come live in New Zealand where the pre orders don't come til the 18th. Or better yet, when you live in Christchurch and the 18th is a memorial holiday so couriers dont come, and its a friday, and couriers dont post on the weekend either, so i get it on the 21st. But i'm not complaining at all..... lol jk. yes i am. cry cry cry i want this game. :*(

vaptin
03-15-2011, 04:53 AM
It's for the servers I think, they don't want everyone in the entire world trying to download at the same time.

clench
03-15-2011, 04:55 AM
everyone already downloaded it, there was a preload

vaptin
03-15-2011, 04:56 AM
everyone already downloaded it, there was a preload

Activation is done online though?

clench
03-15-2011, 04:58 AM
Activation is done online though?

Activation requires an insignificant amount of data to be transfered?

SnoopyTRB
03-15-2011, 05:00 AM
My game is activated and I live in the central US. I'll leave you to muddle over that one.

Hint: V_N fill in the blank :-)

See you on the battlefield!

vaptin
03-15-2011, 05:04 AM
Activation requires an insignificant amount of data to be transfered?

Well, citation needed. Anyway, have they changed the activation (or release) time? Or did you know this when you purchased?

CYBEREVILRYU
03-15-2011, 05:04 AM
My game is activated and I live in the central US. I'll leave you to muddle over that one.

See you on the battlefield!Oh really?It just turned out to be Tuesday there, i will just see if i can activate mine right now.

Kronos
03-15-2011, 05:07 AM

See you on the battlefield!

*coughPcough*

Steam don't actually care as long as you don't buy games from other regions for tax purposes.

CYBEREVILRYU
03-15-2011, 05:08 AM
Awesome mine is being activated right now and it should take 2 hours New York time.

Howler
03-15-2011, 05:35 AM
Why can't it be at 9PM so that work people can play it right when everyone else is? Oh the horror!

I will see you then.

fraggle57
03-15-2011, 05:54 AM
GOOD GRIEF. Just realised that when I get back from work and want to activate my dream, that the dashed colonies will be hogging all the steam capacity. I better make sure that I have a cup of tea at hand.

RobCivicCRX
03-15-2011, 05:59 AM
GOOD GRIEF. Just realised that when I get back from work and want to activate my dream, that the dashed colonies will be hogging all the steam capacity. I better make sure that I have a cup of tea at hand.

Made me laugh, colonies love it :)

00owl
03-15-2011, 05:59 AM
^ That *shouldn't* matter as far as I know. Us colony's as you imperialistically call us should be on different servers than you.

mmurray821
03-15-2011, 06:07 AM
US:
This game will unlock in approximately 7 hours

Oh well. At least I have the trolls to keep me amused. And Shire. Yes.... Shire amusing to torment...

Dribbs
03-15-2011, 06:18 AM
It's got nothing to do with CA being a British company. SEGA are the publishers and they are Japanese. Steam are owned by Valve, who are American. Who knows why the game unlocks earlier in Europe than the US this time around. Who cares? We're talking a matter of hours, not two or so weeks as has been the case in the past. And in any case, it makes a nice change for Europe to get a perk over the US. It's usually the other way round.

OisinLoke
03-15-2011, 07:12 AM
Well usually us in Europe jave to wait till Friday for the good American games so consider yourself lucky :S

algodon
03-15-2011, 09:02 AM
What is the delay in releasing Shogun2 in U.S.A. & canada??Please release it asap.

Digibull
03-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Use the search function. It's being released later today.

ranknfile
03-15-2011, 09:09 AM
I think it will be around 9 am Central time. I woke up and checked .... just in case.

"No joy" .....yet.

Gas Mask
03-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Use the bloody search function next time Europe always gets it first US & Canada are last to get it.

algodon
03-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanx for the info

Gas Mask
03-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Thanx for the info

Ah sorry i was thinking you where the 32nd yank crying over why he never got the game because the USA is the best place in the world all over again i do greatly apologise im sorry that its late for you at least you are different.

Treats
03-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Ah sorry i was thinking you where the 32nd yank crying over why he never got the game because the USA is the best place in the world all over again i do greatly apologise im sorry that its late for you at least you are different.

There is no reason North America should get it a day later.

Your sanctimonious rant notwithstanding.

Hardwaremaster
03-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Yeah really, we normally get games pretty early here in the US.. I Dont see a problem with it.. and it will be released when I have to be in class for 8 hours.. and you think you have it bad... lol

I have class from 9AM to 5PM, grrr.. like a job.. lol

Purgi
03-15-2011, 09:37 AM

No reason I should get Homefront 2 days later (released tomorrow) or every other title ranging from days to weeks later. NA gets 1 title late and all hell breaks loose.

White935
03-15-2011, 09:38 AM

Europa usually gets the games Several day later than America, so for once we're ahead of ya :P

MikeB
03-15-2011, 09:38 AM
A simple warning, chaps:

Lay off the nationalistic ranting, and the politics. Infractions have already been issued in some cases.

Read the forum rules before you post again: http://forums.totalwar.com/announcement.php?f=2

The chances are that times are being staggered to even out demand on servers, not for any hidden and "nationalistic" reasons.

Treats
03-15-2011, 09:46 AM
No reason I should get Homefront 2 days later (released tomorrow) or every other title ranging from days to weeks later. NA gets 1 title late and all hell breaks loose.

Not sure why you would want to play Homefront in the first place, but I never said only North America deserves releases first.

Europa usually gets the games Several day later than America, so for once we're ahead of ya :P

The whole thing about having staggered releases is stupid because everyone is activating it on Steam anyway. If I had known I had to wait I would never have bought a boxed copy and instead made a European Steam account and played it yesterday.

ranknfile
03-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Here's a thought: why can't everyone get the same game, with the same options, at the same time?

Don't really care ... not the worst thing life will throw at any of us by a long shot mind you ....... but I do wonder "why not?"

MikeB
03-15-2011, 09:58 AM
Threads merged.

devichat
03-15-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm at GMT -4 and Steam will unlock it at 14:00 hrs GMT.

I bought some sake to drink while playing Shogun 2.

9 am is a bit early to start drinking though ........

It's never too early to start drinking....

(for an alcoholic :P)