75. What's in the Sengoku Jidai DLC pack?
A: Ten new units, one for each of the eight original factions and one for the Ikko Ikki and Hattori. They are generally a combination of existing units, and so fill relatively few niches. Some but not all of these new units are capped: you can only have a number of them trained at any one time, like agents.
Below is a quick rundown of the new units by faction, comparative unit, unit class and turns to produce, maximum number possible, if capped):
1. Oda- Long-speared Yari Ashigaru (Yari Ashigaru, Spear Infantry)
-Speaks for itself: Yari Ashigaru with longer spears. Use them in much the same way against cavalry.
2. Tokugawa- Mounted Gunners (Matchlock Samurai, Bow Cavalry)
-Interesting combination of matchlocks and cavalry. Remember that they can dismount as well, effectively acting as dragoons: ride around the flanks, deploy and fire.
3. Hojo- Hand Mortars (Fire Throwers, Siege Units; 2 turns; unlimited)
-Boasting the range between Fire Rockets and Cannons, these infantry are basically fire throwers with 300 range instead of the regular 50.
4. Shimazu- Heavy Gunners (Matchlock Samurai, Matchlock Infantry; 2 turns; unlimited)
-Matchlock Samurai with a slightly bigger pricetag and +25 improved range. Nothing else is different about them.
5. Mori- Wako Bandits (Katana Samurai/ Kisho Ninja, Sword Infantry; 1 turn; unlimited)
-This is where Nnja and Pirate meet. A relatively fragile Katana Samurai with the hiding abilities of the Kisho Ninja.
6. Chosokabe - Daikyu Samurai (Chosokabe Bow Samurai, Bow Infantry; unlimited)
-Boosted Chosokabe Bow Samurai. +25 range, +5 reload and accuracy.
7. Date- Bulletproof Samurai (Yari + Naginata Samurai, Spear Infantry; 2 turns; maximum 4)
-A Yari Samurai with the armour of a Naginata Samurai. Rapid Advance, anti-cavalry bonus included.
8. Takeda- Fire Cavalry (Yari Cavalry, Spear Cavalry)
-Slightly boosted Yari Cavalry, slight charge bonus penalty
9. Hattori - Bandits (Bow Ashigaru, Bow Infantry)
- Boosted Bow Ashigaru, slightly improved morale and accuracy, and cost
10. Ikko Ikki and Uesugi -Marathon Monks (Ona Bushi, Heavy Infantryl 2 turns, unlimited)
-These two units are identical. Slightly boost stats across the board, specifically +1 to speed. Unlike other Monks, these have the Second Wind ability.
*Note that in singleplayer you can recruit multiples of these units at a time, whereas in multiplayer you can only deploy one of each unit.