Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 99 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 4 Beta Live Now - updated on the 10/10/2013

Member Lance Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Marceror View Post
    They're not doing that in my game. Of course, I'm controlling them, and am around 15 settlements shy of my military victory!

Sad to see them in such a state.
    Considering how powerful their hastati is, as to other early game units like the levy and such, you would think they would do quite well. I,ve played over 200hrs now, with all factions cept for the Eastern(pontus or whatever it is), and Rome never seem to get going.

Nice to hear they are doing good on youre campaign at least.
    i5-2500k @4.8ghz
    16gb Dominator 1600mhz
    Gefore 680 AMP! ed.
    Corsair 3rd gen SSD 256GB
    Win 8

Rome 2 Greek States DLC

Senior Member Sergeant

Yes the magical transports need to be scrapped. I am so fed up with coming to a city and the enemy flees on the ocean with a full stack of soldiers. The AI is better but its still super ******ed. If Jerry played this game He would even agree that one of His kids wrote the AI.

Senior Member Lieutenant

Patch 4 has improved gameplay, but decreased frame rate massively on battles where it's raining (It takes 30 odd seconds for the wait or attack option too come up)
    Also, I have noticed an intermittent fault where names of settlements etc will disappear, and I have too click through several other panels before it resets.

Seige AI still isn't holding it's own properly. It has a tendency too sit there and wait to be slaughtered, even if it has superior numbers.

Also, I had my first CTD and my first BSOD on this patch.

Specs are
    i7 2.67
    Gtx 460se
    8 gig ram
    windows 7 (32 bit, yes, I know, upgrade too 64, get into the 21st century blah blah )

Junior Member Private

Please end the AI's ability to indefinitely blockade an enemy's port. Also Iceni should be able to get slaves, otherwise what is the point of the slave market other than getting ambushers for having a level 3?

I also have horrible framerates in the rain, with Patch 4 Beta. Other weather types don't seem to be a problem, but in the rain, I drop to like 1 frame per 3 seconds... it is so bad I can't even click through the settings menu or even consider deploying properly.

i5 2.6
    gtx 660m
    8 gig ram
    windows 8 64 bit

Junior Member Private

AI just isn't expanding at all, 80 turns in and the next biggest faction to me has 4 settlements

Senior Member Sergeant-Major

looks like they made some changes to V4 beta. My version is updating right now

Administrator Major-General Matthias CA's Avatar

Hi all,

You might have seen a new download for those who have opted in the patch 4 BETA.

This has called for an update of the patch notes; the following entries have been added:

- Fix rare crash when AI initiated diplomacy with the player.
    Fixed problem with slinger units being overpowered as their shots could hit multiple units and made balancing adjustments to other projectile types.
    - Fixed pike phalanx single-click and double-click attack behaviour. They will now try to maintain proper distance from targeted unit instead of running into them.
    - Made it much harder for enemy infantry units to move/push through a pike phalanx.
    - Flaming projectiles are now set as default for naval artillery when available.
    - Increased the range of torches that can be thrown to burn down gates in battles.
    - Cinematic camera view in battles now works better with siege vehicles.
    - Disabled damage from rolling flammable projectiles that have landed on the ground (This does not include fireball deployables)
    - "Army Destroyed" event message now displays the name of the army instead of the name of the general.
    - The "Food Shortage" event message no longer contains a list of provinces affected. This can still be reviewed in the Provinces panel.
    - Added event message for when units defect during a civil war in Campaign modes.
    - Rank up event message now contains the new rank for both characters and armies in Campaign modes.
    - When attacking a door of a fort with a battery ram, the per cent of damage will now reach 100% when the door to opens, instead of 20%.
    - Fixed issue where double clicking on a map in the map list in the Battle Setup screens (in Custom Battle and Multiplayer Battle modes) would make that map always remain highlighted as if it was selected.
    - Fixed multiple issues surrounding certain events being fired at the same time as winning the game.
    - The movie player for Campaign movies will now correctly re-initialise its full screen state between queued movies.
    - Fixed reinforcing armies unit banners sometimes appearing darker and missing their outlines on the battlefield.
    - Unit banners will no longer appear black when turning on unit flags in a battle after turning them off in the campaign map.
    - Fixed tooltips for incident event effects in Campaign modes.
    - The resources icons in the Trade & Finance tab now fit in the user interface better when multiple (over 6) different types of resources are being traded.
    - Fixed face animations and audio not working correctly in the diplomacy screen when declare war, and prevented adding new offers/demands from interrupting the face animations.
    - Addressed inconsistencies in the campaign Heads Up Display when selecting between enemy and friendly settlements and characters.
    - Added details of the effects to "Public Order" event messages.
    - Fixed text clipping issues on building tooltips in Campaign modes in some languages.
    - Fixed text clipping on the campaign factors tooltip in some languages, now shows ellipsis to show text has been cut off.
    - Fixed possible cut-offs of text in the "Trait / Ancillary Gained" event message in Campaign mode.
    - Subtitles added to the Parthia Civil War video in Campaign modes.

We are committed to continue working on all issues that are found. Thank you to all of you for your help.

Regards,

Matthias
    PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING YOUR ISSUE ON THE FORUMS.

Having Graphics card related issues? Please visit our self-diagnosis tool here.

For any issues you may have, a solution/workaround might already exist.

Need to contact us?

Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Member Private

There is some extra amount of download happening for patch 4 beta I noticed... never mind

Member Lance Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Kuldeiris View Post
    Yeah, the C2D is still a surprisingly effective chip. Linked with a decent GPU and enough RAM it can cope with a hell of a lot.
    Yep, I have a core2duo coupled with as you say, good RAM and a strong GPU - I run Rome II all on extreme with nice unit detail, nice faces and stuff, runs better it seems than most - even if it isn't perfect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 99 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast