Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheats Abusing Funding limits in match made Games

Hybrid View

Junior Member Private

Default Cheats Abusing Funding limits in match made Games

Ive been running into alot of players abusing the funds to make victory no sweat. I get a match made battle with a fund of 5000$ so small.

Before the match starts and the countdown is almost finished these players add units increasing above budget but the game continues in and on the battlefield there rocking 5 units of katana samurai nagari spearman....bow samurai then to top it off yari cavalry and not just 1 or 2 its 3-5.

No wai this is below or on 5000$ exact and when I excused the guy of cheating, he just laughed and continued on arguing he didnt develop the game so his gona abuse it.

The one guy recent which is gona make me stop playing multiplayer till this is fixed because No point playing cheats over and over was GeneralMad I do have a replay of his over budget army.

TL: DR Players abusing Fund budget to Slaughter in match made battles.
    Last edited by Zenkai; 03-16-2011 at 03:46 AM.

Junior Member Private

If you think that the player is cheating, warn them at the start that as the game is run through steamworks with VAC (Valve Anti Cheat), a ban would be very permanent.

Then, at the end of the battle (if he hasn't left beforhand), save the replay and make a folder of suspected cheaters. Wait a few days to see if CA has set up some sort of a report-cheaters function, and if not, send an enquiry to customer support. Just make sure you don't name names on the forum.

I thought people could only get banned for trying to alter stats to cheat not abusing bugs am I wrong? Not that I cheat anyway abusing bugs, just asking.

Junior Member Private AggonyLion{Leo}'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zenkai View Post
    Ive been running into alot of players abusing the funds to make victory no sweat. I get a match made battle with a fund of 5000$ so small.

Before the match starts and the countdown is almost finished these players add units increasing above budget but the game continues in and on the battlefield there rocking 5 units of katana samurai nagari spearman....bow samurai then to top it off yari cavalry and not just 1 or 2 its 3-5.

No wai this is below or on 5000$ exact and when I excused the guy of cheating, he just laughed and continued on arguing he didnt develop the game so his gona abuse it.

The one guy recent which is gona make me stop playing multiplayer till this is fixed because No point playing cheats over and over was GeneralMad I do have a replay of his over budget army.

TL: DR Players abusing Fund budget to Slaughter in match made battles.
    Best thing you can do Zenkai is play normal mp battles 1v1 or 2v2 until you have unlocked enough units and upgrades you think you can use in the match made battles also you can pick an army and save it before you join or host a match made battle as well

Member Lance Corporal Confused Johnny's Avatar

I had the same thing last night, over and over and over. Man, i was sick of the hackers in NTW, but here with XP, ranking up etc its so much more annoying.

All i could afford was 3 Bow Ashigaru, 4 Yari Ashigaru and 2 Light Cav, my opponent had 4 Bow Ashigaru, 4 Yari Ashigaru, 2 Light Cav, 1 Yari Cav, 1 No'Dachi Samurai, 1 Katana Samurai and 2 Yari Samurai!

If S2TW has Valve Anti Cheat, why isnt it doing anything? I literally had it happen in 6 battles in a row, the 7th battle the guy i played must have had coz when he saw my army he said "Hmmm, someone whos armies are eventually same size as mine".

I hope they sort it soon, coz this coupled with the Dishonourable General bug is really killing off the MP for me and my friends, and its the MP that we have heard so much about. I dont wanna compare with ETW release, its not even close to that yet, but it is on the same lines coz whilst the game doesnt CTD etc, these things (to me at least) are considered gamebreakers!

Dave the Ninja

If anyone can post us repro steps as to how this issue is happening feel free to post.

Dave B

Senior Member Corporal

The cheaters won't tell, Dave

I think my first mp game was against a cheater yesterday. He used 1700 men (2 cav, something like 5 archers, at least 4-5 yari ashigaru + at least 3 katana "empire spirit" or something) against my proud army of 1100 men on a 5000 budget. I'm not sure 5000 allows you to pull an army like this.

Result is heroïc victory against this nooblet, I just steamrolled him

I saved the replay, I have to watch it just to be sure.
    Last edited by L'Ost de Malpeste; 03-16-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Senior Member Major-General Sirius 21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Beta Ninja View Post
    If anyone can post us repro steps as to how this issue is happening feel free to post.

Dave B
    If I understand correctly the OP, the steps would be:
    - join a match made battle
    - prepare your army
    - click "ready" and wait for the other player to do it
    - when the countdown is almost finished, add some troops

The OP states that the game will let you use those troops added during the countdown in the actual battlefield.

Senior Member Sergeant THC-Shogun[Dr.MightySnake's Avatar
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/drMightySnake

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius 21 View Post
    If I understand correctly the OP, the steps would be:
    - join a match made battle
    - prepare your army
    - click "ready" and wait for the other player to do it
    - when the countdown is almost finished, add some troops

The OP states that the game will let you use those troops added during the countdown in the actual battlefield.
    Update for navy players, once the countdown started any ships you add will be dropped(if you clicked ready beforehand)
    *CA will fix this in the up coming patch next week(the reason is that the coin calculation has a bug in Navy that count your avatar cost).
    -My Honorable threads
    The solution to decrease Long loading times(and loading in general)
    Honda's Navy Academy[Video Guide's]

{THC}Dr.MightySnake
    Chief Admiral of ホンダの海軍 Honda's Navy
    ---- Part ofホンダ藩 Honda Clan{THC}

Clan Steam Page:http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TheHondaClan
    Honda's Navy Pagehttp://steamcommunity.com/groups/THCN
    --
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/drMightySnake

Junior Member Private

I landed here after doing a search because I swear I was getting duplicate units last night. I've never played a Total War game before, and I am having a blast with this, but I thought it was strange after I got my very first veteran unit that I was able to add multiple of them. At first I thought it was supposed to work that way, but when I would mouse over the unit, it would say it was already in use, but then how do I have more than 1? An easy way to track this is to rename every veteran unit, and then if you see more than one with the same name, you know something is wrong.

I also seemed to get the cheap price bug, but that could have been because the unit was depleted, I'm not sure. I was only paying 116 gold for each veteran unit

Now I have no idea how I did this since I've never played one of these games before. All I know was that I was rearranging my existing units so the same unit types were together in the army unit display. I always "purchase" my armies up before I even look for a match, so I'm not moving things around during the setup phase. I also noticed that my opponents would have massive negative gold amounts before the match started and there would always be a delay while it waited for them to remove the units until they were in compliance. Of course the timer eventually runs out and you are forced to the battle.

I'm not sure if anyone I played against was using this exploit, because out of 5 games I played, I only lost 1. Maybe because I had the extra unit? I only had it for one match though because it became depleted to the point where I couldn't use it in the next battle, and that's where I am at now.

On a side note, as I stated I have never played a Total War game before, other than a demo, and I love historical Japanese games. I can't stop playing this game. The funny part is, I had no intention of playing multiplayer, I just wanted to check it out, and so far, that's all I've done. I played through the campaign tutorial, but I'm hooked on the Avatar multiplayer. So much fun. Thanks for making a game worth the money.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast