Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheats Abusing Funding limits in match made Games

Registered User Lieutenant Psycho V's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GhostReaperSix View Post
    I just quit out of a matched game because the other player had 16 units that I could spot by the one minute mark. The game was 5000 gold limit. I could afford a general, a few katana samurai and a few other units.

I don't know the exact composition of the enemy army, because for some reason my replays fail to load. I do remember:

4 katana samurai, 1 bowman, 1 flint lock, 2 cavalry, general, and 8 other units. The cheapest units I see are 350 gold... so we can see just between the katana samurai is 3000 gold, the 2 cavalry and a bowman is another 1000, the general is at least 500, so that leaves 500 gold for a flintlock, and 8 other units????

MP is broken.
    Hmmm ... may be possible with two cost reduction avatars if the Katana were the only samurai units.
    "Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, 1572 – 1631, Meditation 17)

Junior Member Private

Guh, just happened to me. Guy had twice as many units as I did, all veterans too. If it happens again, I'm not going to bother playing MP anymore until it is for sure fixed. Sent an email in too.

Chivalry

I'm sorry for the shorter reply earlier chaps, I will be testing this from every possible angle all of today to try and reproduce it and find the cause. If anyone has any infomation on exactly (and Please make it as specific as possible) on how they are achieving this. please PM me with details, I'll track it down asap.

The Creative Assembly Private

There are a number of measures in place to ensure that even using memory hacks that a user wont be able to get into the battle with more units than the specified funds allow. even in the rare cases that it is possible for a user to display that their army has negative funds in their army the game will remove units until the funds are back within the specified limit before the battle actually begins.

if this is not the case we really need to have replays sent to us of such battles to verify this is happening. and also as a few people in this thread have said that they can reproduce this, would they be willing to join a battle with myself or Chivalry today so that we can witness this happening?

thanks

Senior Member Lieutenant Undesired_Hero's Avatar

I got vicitm of a bug not long ago that said i had to chose another army cause it was already in use, could not press ready but others could.
    The timer started counting down and to my surprise i could still add units so i had like 20 and the timer was still counting down for game start.
    But i didn't want to cheat so i didn't do it.

Senior Member General

Should be pretty easy to recalculate funds at battle start (ie after loading into 3D finished) once more for each player and give an immediate win to the other side without bothering to even fight the battle anymore.
    And while you're at it, can you add VAC infractions for people doing this once you got a foot in the door with it?
    Looking forward to what the community makes of the new mod tools!

The Creative Assembly Private

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Should be pretty easy to recalculate funds at battle start (ie after loading into 3D finished) once more for each player and give an immediate win to the other side without bothering to even fight the battle anymore.
    And while you're at it, can you add VAC infractions for people doing this once you got a foot in the door with it?
    we do recalulate the funds at battle start, after the user cannot interact with them.

we cant add any vac infractions without being able to determine how people are abusing the system (and in which case we would rather fix the issues as opposed to banning people for using an exploit)

if any of you can reporduce this I would love to have a battle with you to see this occuring

thanks

Senior Member General

Quote Originally Posted by Stowelly View Post
    if any of you can reporduce this I would love to have a battle with you to see this occuring
    I think I know how to do it but since this works in matchmade only, it's going to be hard to get together if you can't guarantee that you'll be the one the system finds for me.
    You still owe me five provinces btw and a level or two.
    Looking forward to what the community makes of the new mod tools!

Chivalry

Daniu's theory proved wrong unfortunately, so if anyone else been able to reproduce this, please PM me and have screenshots replays anything you can attach. Thanks again

Member Lance Corporal Confused Johnny's Avatar

Hmmm, it is pleasing to see you guys trying so hard to adress this issue! I may have come across as raging, i didnt mean to, i simply feel so dissapointed and felt i needed to express my dissapointment!

Anyways, before checking here iw as at TWC where i saw Daniu asking for the same thing, PM from people who have done it, so i sent him a pm there detailing the once i have tried to do it, and actually was able to do it!

I have also had it used against me many a time, in one example a 2v2 last night, mine and my allies army combined was smaller than just one of the opposing armies.

I fear the people who have this "sussed", as in know how to do it everytime, are the type of people who wouldnt want to part with this info as it gives them a clear advantage over everyone else!

(on a side note, is there any news or anything on when we can expect the Dishonourable Coward" bug to be fixed, as its this one as well as the unit hacks/cheats/bugs that is really killing the MP experience for a lot of people)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast