Total War Forums

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Food shortages?

Senior Member Corporal templars rule's Avatar

Also tax rate directly affects food surplus/shortages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakewolf52 View Post
    I would read but the font on my screen resolution is fail. It's not impossible to read but it hurts my eyes. My max resolution on my laptop is 1366x768.
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ar-Shogun-2%29

the link contains an Online Encyclopedia that should help you

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    Castles as well as the Rice Exchange and onward chain (Second level of Market and up) consumes food. The only structures that produce food are farms. Keeping up food surpluse (which BTW the encyclopedia offers no information on) with development is considerably difficult since upgrading requires not only tiers but also unlocked arts- in other words if you end up building your castles and you haven't even started researching farm unlocks, you're screwed. For a long time.

The encyclopedia has ZERO information on food and its effect. The shortcut Food Shortage leads only to the Construction page.

Food supply I believe is still global.
    Cool thanks for the info, I guess thats why my people were starving lol, I kept upgrading my castles as soon as I could but my farms might not have been keeping up. I also had a rice exchange that I didnt know consumed food as well that I kept upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    According to the encyclopedia, unit upkeep does not consume food. So as long as you have money, train away.
    Sweet I thought the army was eating up most of my food but I guess I was wrong :P

Member Private

Quote Originally Posted by Reinier View Post
    Cool thanks for the info, I guess thats why my people were starving lol, I kept upgrading my castles as soon as I could but my farms might not have been keeping up. I also had a rice exchange that I didnt know consumed food as well that I kept upgrading.

Sweet I thought the army was eating up most of my food but I guess I was wrong :P
    I made this exact same error on my first campaign. I kept down-sizing my armies because I thought they were eating all the food and kept building fortresses. In the end, the peasants revolting ruining my economy by burning farms and trade ports, which ended the game prematurely for me

In my second game, I was a lot more careful about building fortresses...
    My Total War want list:

1. Rome II
    2. Medieval III
    3. Briton Total War: The Dark Ages
    4. Ancient Greece
    5. Napoleon II (with Wellington campaign in India)

Senior Member Colonel

Upgrading castles and marketplaces => upgrading those 2 makes you go out of food.

Research the food upgrade buildings in the research tree, and build them asap.

Then you have planty of food to upgrade some of your castles up to gain better production and better revanue from the key provinces.

Normal provinces only need 1 upgrade in keeps, where gold and other special provinces could be maxed out.

Senior Member Master and Commander Shireknight's Avatar

Food is faction wide not region wide so if you have a level one castle in one of your regions but have a farm there that is producing three food then you can put those two units of spare food towards castles in your other regions.

It's time for honesty :-
    CA it's time for change, Warscape is fundamentally flawed because it's based on old (bugged) code please retire it and give us a brand new game engine from scratch, until you do this every Total War game is doomed to be bugged before it's even released.

Senior Member Colonel

Also, having 0 food is not wise if you intend to expand, taking a AI castle that is maxed out with lvl 1 food field, will make you go negative and thus make some of your provinces go negative on morale/happines => leads to rebellion.

Senior Member Sergeant

Yes you need to be careful conquering well developed provinces - after I conquered Hojo I had some big problems as they had highly developed castles but not enough food to feed them!

Some arts also use or provide food - for e.g. Sumo Tournaments & the Chukonibu-wots-it one (that gives you third tier farms)

Thumbs down its a bug

Please fix this bug team.

Im also fed up of this. Everytime I win a region n buid army im into food shortages eve though Im not upgrading my castle.

Please i wana play campaigns nicely.
    DarthMod fan : http://i.imgur.com/5IZ6F.png
    My 1st every strategy game after Commandos
    Would love to see game fixes n updated rather than Paid DLC'z

Moderator Master and Commander daelin4's Avatar

necropost. closed.
    Total War Terms and Conditions
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    Total War: ROME II Political Guide
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code][code] in your post.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2