Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: To CA: the Men Are Wavering

Senior Member Corporal

Default To CA: the Men Are Wavering

Please let us know that you have plans to improve the immersion and soul of the game which was so disappointingly lacking in this release, not just fix bugs and severe gameplay/performance issues.

Talking abou things like UI, historical notificiations and occurrences that have been present in previous games, meaningful Politics/family tree, background an at least popups if not videos for wonders, generals speeches, unit intro/agent videos, an immersive customizable progressive multiplayer system like existed in Shogun 2, etc.

This is the kind of stuff people are talking about when they say the game lacks "soul" and feels too rushed and arcade-styled. Please bolster our morale by letting us know that you are aware that it is not just bugs and performance issues that keep this game from being what people expect of a CA game, and that you are willing to show loyalty to your fans by making an honest effort to get this game quality-wise in line with other TW games.

This is a very important move not only for Rome 2 but for future titles and brand loyalty as a whole, especially after the worst fears of many were confirmed when we read the Tim Heaton interview talking about cutting out content that didn't directly impact metacritic scores. We want to know that you are abandoning that philosophy now that it has failed and committing to re-become the company that you have been in the past.
    Last edited by Sasu; 10-09-2013 at 07:50 AM. Reason: No shouting.

Senior Member Corporal

Also generals/agents die too fast.. you don't have enough time to feel any connection to them.

Senior Member Corporal Praenuntium's Avatar

THE MEN ARE WAVERING!!

I wish there was an option to totally disable that clown, CA please add that in the next patch.

I haven't seen them actually address the emptiness of the game, and I doubt they will here either.

We're stuck with this shell of a game.

The battle is turning in our favor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barca View Post
    I haven't seen them actually address the emptiness of the game, and I doubt they will here either.

We're stuck with this shell of a game.
    It will get better, but only after the patching is done, and alot of DLC is released. Probably over a year from now, the game will be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Praenuntium View Post
    It will get better, but only after the patching is done, and alot of DLC is released. Probably over a year from now, the game will be pretty good.
    I really hope they don't abandon it with incomplete features like Empire.

Senior Member Lieutenant greenman's Avatar

"Imperator"
    "Units! FORWARD"
    "Leaving the army!"

Now:
    "The men are wavering."
    "The Men are wavering."
    "Our general has fallen!" (Only reason we actually know, not that we care)

The little things.
    Our only hope is mods such as Rome 2 Total Realism.

Quote Originally Posted by RoJo View Post
    I really hope they don't abandon it with incomplete features like Empire.
    If they were smart, they would release DLC to fill the holes. Making money in the process, since that's all SEGA cares about.

Senior Member Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Praenuntium View Post
    I know some will buy DLC but I certainly won't buy any other product of CA's till I have an answer to the OP's question. This is coming from someone who bought their previous titles and expansions. For now I am taking silence as their answer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast