Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: To CA: the Men Are Wavering

Banned Private

Yes the game feels shallow what are you going to do to fix the immersion CA

Banned Corporal

Just pushing the thread back to page 1 because I'm also interested in the the things mentioned here. Mainly when/if the game will stop wavering.

Senior Member Sergeant

lol, im just here to say love that title. i'm also sad to say that it's one of the few fun moments i've had in the forums. we should be talking about what a master piece of a game was released. instead, we are all here wondering why they would want to make a Meta Critic happy and not us. that line of thinking may get there *** on an unemployment line.
    Last edited by antiques roadshow; 10-09-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Dude...I started a thread when this game came out "the men are wavering"..lol stealing my ideas. My favorite one is "We've captured a tower!!"..

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac1031 View Post
    Yes the game feels shallow what are you going to do to fix the immersion CA
    play the game in the dark...it makes it feel immersive. lol

Senior Member Lieutenant

Indeed, all this time I was complaining about how I couldn't play my game due to crashes, how the AI was a grapefruit, etc etc... But now that patch 4 seems to have "patched up" some of the bugs, the game remains . . . poor. Nothing on the level of the original Shogun or Medieval 2.

I really like some of the new additions to the gameplay, and some of the new mechanics . . . but I really DISLIKE the omission of features that were considered key aspects of previous games (read: family tree, for example)

In defense of Empire, I thought it was a thrilling, ambitious game in all aspects except the AI.

Junior Member Private

I just now joined the forum, instead of lurking, to comment on the patch 4 beta. I saw this topic and decided to read. I agree that this game is lacking completely in the features that made the previous titles great. I have owned every total war game since Shogun Total War with the exception of the first Medieval Total War, although I had and greatly enjoyed Medieval 2. I have played 1000s of hours over the many years on Total War games. With this game lacking the features of prior games and even that of its predecessor, Rome Total War, I have decided that Rome 2 will be my last Total War game unless patches/free DLC are released to fix the lack of "soul" in this game. I only see myself buying the next Total War game if the previous occurs or if the reviews from gamers reveals that the next game is better than any Total War game prior.

CA has lost my trust not only from releasing this horrid game, but the lack of communication to the consumers after purchase with the exception of "beta" releases. I call this game horrid because the vast majority of players will only be as good as "content" with this game unless major features are re-introduced into the game that were previously added and greatly loved from the prior games. The increase in map size, due to lowering army movement range and expanding the planes in all directions to have a more "zoomed in" approach to widen the map, is the only real thing that I like about this game. I am very disappointed in CA.

Senior Member Corporal The Great Dane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tartknocker View Post
    Please let us know that you have plans to improve the immersion and soul of the game which was so disappointingly lacking in this release, not just fix bugs and severe gameplay/performance issues.
    Yes Sir!
    As a TW veteran from way back in year 2000, this is my words exactly -- very well spoken.

Total War going arcade is one of the worst business decisions imaginable. People played Total War because it was EPIC not ARCADE. If I wanted to play an arcade style RTS I would play Starcraft 2.

Senior Member Sergeant-Major Cosmosis's Avatar

Cosmosis approves of this message. It sure is very uncomforting that there's basically been radio-silence for more than a month now (except a few performance issue questions here and there)..

I fear CA has begun downscaling their effort and manpower in order to keep costs down, and soon we'll be steamrolled with all the planned dlc's and expansions...
    Cosmosis' single top wish for Rome 2: Total War
    • War Goals
    Every war doesn't have to be a capitulation war - regional wars gives depth and variation to both warfare and diplomacy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast