Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screen Flicker in full screen

Junior Member Private

Default Screen Flicker in full screen

I've just installed the game and I'm having some significant graphic issues. When I play the game in fullscreen, the screen is flickering constantly, while its fine when played in windowed mode. I've messed around with the ingame settings. It works perfectly with all maxed settings in windowed but still flickers with lowest in fullscreen.

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5950
    Processor: Intel i& Quad Core overclock to 4ghz.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Junior Member Private

I have the same issue.

Graphics Card: Ati Radeon HD 5970
    Processor: AMD X6 1100T

I think I've noticed having the issue after installing Crysis 2...

Senior Member Corporal

V-Sync ?

Junior Member Private

I had the same problem, after I've installed Crysis2 i have flickering in almost all games ... what should I do?

Please Help!

Senior Member Corporal

Maybe the latest (11.3) ATI driver will help. Or even the 11.4 preview driver is worth a shot as well. Jus tremeber to uninstall the older ones first and run Driver Sweeper.

Junior Member Private

Quote Originally Posted by the_ecd View Post
    Maybe the latest (11.3) ATI driver will help. Or even the 11.4 preview driver is worth a shot as well. Jus tremeber to uninstall the older ones first and run Driver Sweeper.
    Yeah,i have installated the latest catalyst(11.3) + Apllication Profile 11.3cap1 and disinstalled the old driver(11.4 preview) with driver sweeper but i have flickering,What can I do?

Member Private

I have around the same as you guys, and I'm having the same problem except my screen flickers and then Alt + Tabs forcing me to reload the game in the midst of a battle.

It causes massive lag for the player I am facing, and makes me angry because of how ******ed it is. :/

Junior Member Private

Any solution ?

Junior Member Private

This problem is really common in Crysis 2 (see the forums over there). This has to do (or it does in Crysis 2) with Crossfire/SLI. Disabling CF/SLI should make the flicker go away. I haven't tried it, since that method in my mind is no solution, but it should work. Playing in windowed mode disables CF/SLI automatically, why that seems to work to.

Again, I haven't tried fixing this in Shogun 2, but there are several work-arounds for Crysis that might be worth trying. Using RadeonPro to force a different CF profile worked for me (I choose the suggested Bioshock profile). Give that a shot.
    Last edited by helldrivers; 04-12-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Senior Member Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Morighan View Post
    I've just installed the game and I'm having some significant graphic issues. When I play the game in fullscreen, the screen is flickering constantly, while its fine when played in windowed mode. I've messed around with the ingame settings. It works perfectly with all maxed settings in windowed but still flickers with lowest in fullscreen.
    I had this happen to mean just once, and all I did was minimize the screen then click the game again then it refreshed it. If it is doing it alot then the other posts on here have the idea what is causing it.

+ Reply to Thread