Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rome 2 Mod Manager and Load Order

Member Private

Default Rome 2 Mod Manager and Load Order

I dont know about you guys but managing mods is really tough when i cant set what gets priority, some of the simple mods that have small minor conflicts with colour will totally disable the other one, hoping mod manager is improved upon.

Member Lance Corporal

yeah i was wondering my self about this, i would just rename the mod some that begins with the letter A, as i think it is done alphabetically, which is stupid as you want to be able to prioritize the load of mods

Banned Sergeant-Major Spartiate's Avatar

Does it really work that way?

How lame, leave us alone from this ridiculous mod manager and let us have our own ( Mitch mod manager from TWCenter )

Junior Member Private

*Reverse alphabetically* I can't believe they left load priority out of their mod manager...

Senior Member General

Mostly, priority doesn't make sense for mods. If they are partially compatible so the load order does matter, it'll be luck if one works and the other doesn't. It's really up to modders to minimize their mods before release so as to prevent possible conflicts, but even that only goes so far.
    It's also somewhat unfortunate that many modders are used to releasing large bundles instead of splitting them up; then again, many things only make sense in combination.

It's a somewhat complicated issue actually, and "how could they not put it in" really doesn't do it justice.
    Looking forward to what the community makes of the new mod tools!

Junior Member Private

I'd really like to see verbose, logged output during database construction.

I'm sure a lot of people's perceptions about how that actually works are somewhat flawed (including mine). In any case , it would certainly be the most enlightening feature they could provide for the management side of modding.

How about it?

+ Reply to Thread