Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Where we are with Patches, an update from CA (6th Nov)

The Creative Assembly Lieutenant Jack Lusted's Avatar

Where we are with Patches, an update from CA (6th Nov)

Hello everyone,

This post is an update of where we are with the patches and updates for Rome II and where we are going. We know there has been a lot of talk and rumours about Patch 7 being the last patch and we just wanted to state again that Patch 7 is not the last patch. We are going to support Rome II for a long, long time with regular patches, updates, free content and DLC as well, as we already talked about here.

Patch 7
    This is going to be a substantial patch and you will be hearing more about this soon. We’ve not talked about specific fixes yet just because we want to make sure that everything we want is making it into the patch. There will be a public beta soon, though not this week, and we cannot confirm dates.

Performance
    We are aware of the issues with performance that some of you are having including high-end rigs and SLI/Xfire support and are working to address them. They remain the single biggest priority for our graphics team and while your specific issue may not all be fixed in a single patch, rest assured we know this is a problem for our users and we are certainly not ignoring it.

We are still seeing a lot of people with issues that are unrelated to game performance (such as outdated mods) and problems that have been fixed already – please visit the support forums as your first port of call.

Siege Battles & AI
    Another hot topic that has been talked about, you will see some fixes and improvements in Patch 7 and more in subsequent patches. We are doing a lot of work on this area.

Future patches
    Going forward we will continue to improve all areas of the game, from AI to performance and balancing on the campaign map and in battles. We will go into more detail on this in the future, as and when we have information for you. We want to make sure that what we tell you will happen, so no concrete dates for now I’m afraid.

Modding
    We have not forgotten about modding either. There will be a modding summit before the end of the year and more news on that soon.

I hope this post reassures you all that we are committed to improving and supporting Rome II for a long time to come, but of course we know we can only prove that to you with game updates.
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Member Lance Corporal

I was joking about returning to the game at patch 9. I guess that's not too funny anymore :P Oh well, better late than never.

Member Lance Corporal Private Vassallo's Avatar

awesome!

Senior Member Sergeant-Major blitzsnake's Avatar

Can you shed more details on why Rome 2's performance is so terrible? Why are people having so many fps issues with it? It would be nice to have some sort of dev blog like Planetside 2 has. But I guess that's too much to ask for.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsliQUw2Wxc

That's what I'm talking about.

Junior Member Private ginger_hammer's Avatar

Thanks for the comms.

News are always appreciated.
    Faber est suae quisque fortunae
    Appius Claudius Caecus

Senior Member Field-Marshall jamreal18's Avatar

Default Question about modding Summit!

Hi Jack!

Are going to put in the vanilla game the suggestions and information you will gather in the modding summit?

Senior Member Master and Commander ranknfile's Avatar

Thanks for the update.
    Despite the problems at release I find this to be a brilliantly designed simulation. Great job.
    I know many want balance and fantasy elements but I think this game is far superior to previous ones in this regard, as I dislike ahistorical balance and fantasy units. Again, great job IMO.

Glad to hear it will be fine-tuned. Looking forward to the patches.
    One of the things we won't do, we won't make anything up ... We've got more time, we've got all of the research we did last time around, plus plenty of time to do more.... we're not going to make anything up this time around. – Mike Simpson

The Creative Assembly Lieutenant Jack Lusted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamreal18 View Post
    Hi Jack!

Are going to put in the vanilla game the suggestions and information you will gather in the modding summit?
    The modding summit will be an poortunity for us to meet modders and talk about how we will be supporting the modding community, the same as the Shogun 2 mod summit we held.
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Senior Member Major-General Olek's Avatar

That all looks and sounds great until you get to the bottom of the post and read this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast