Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 mods

Administrator and Co-Lead Moderator Master and Commander Dionysius the Mighty's Avatar

Oh, really? I haven't got to them yet, I thought they only fired in a single rank. XD the video I saw showed a matchlock unit fire only one rank, and then another fired three ranks one after the other, so I thought someone had modded the ability back in from the old Empire code.

"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end." ~ Field Marshal Haig, order to British troops, 1918

Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions

Moderator Master and Commander daelin4's Avatar

Tsk tsk way to jump to conclusions Dio!

Ranked Fire is not toggled by default though, which I find annoying: exactly what scenario would I really need them to not rank fire by default?! You don't need to research it or anything. However Imported Matchlock Ashigaru take 4 turns to train.
    Total War Terms and Conditions
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    Total War: ROME II Political Guide
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code][code] in your post.

Senior Member Sergeant-Major Masher8559's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysius the Mighty View Post
    Mods I'm on the lookout for:

Movement speed slowed down
    Melee combat to last longer
    Fire By Rank for matchlocks (I saw a video with this in, and it was pretty cool if not totally historical. )
    Click and drag causes units to walk, not run

I'm sure I'll think of more as time goes on. By the way, if anyone knows about any mods like these that already exist, drop me a PM in case I haven't spotted them yet!
    There is already a movement speed reduction mod out over on the TWC forums.

Junior Member Private

I really want to see a Mongolia Total War where it shows the birth of Genghis Khan's empire in a mod, but this is unfortunately not going to be possible unless Creative Assembly let you change the map The best mod so far in the TW series has got to be Third Age Total War for Med 2

Junior Member Private Mastodontti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
    Unfortunately, the guys over at TW Center are saying that the map and a few other key aspects of Shogun 2 can't be modified and that those things will put a major downer on making mods for Shogun 2. I think it's become pretty clear over the last couple of games that making games "moddable" isn't important to CA anymore. Instead they want to make more money selling us "special unit packs" and DLC that no-one would pay for if they could make themselves or by downloading someone else's mod.
    Noes! No Shogun 2 for me then. I've been a loyal follower(and purchaser) since the time of the original Shogun and I never missed a TW until Napoleon(because of Empire ofc). CA, It seems that we've grown apart, what we had was beautiful and honest and exciting, but now I feel betrayed and beaten. It is time to start walking different paths. So long my love. :'(

Senior Member Sergeant-Major

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    Tsk tsk way to jump to conclusions Dio!

Ranked Fire is not toggled by default though, which I find annoying: exactly what scenario would I really need them to not rank fire by default?! You don't need to research it or anything. However Imported Matchlock Ashigaru take 4 turns to train.

It'll take 4 turns to recruit an Imported Matchlock Ashigaru if you simply build the nanban trade port. Converting your clan to Christianity will shorten the recruitment time to 2 turns.

Just a thing : look at the people connected on twc for Shogun 2, then Napoleon TW, the Empire and then M2TW hosted mod and RTW hosted.

Many more people still playing RTW/M2TW than ETW/NTW and S2TW that has just been released, and I do bet that many people have buy M2TW and/or RTW after seeing TATW etc...
    So yes modding brings money too but less, that's too bad. But we may imagine that now that ETW is a bit old and no DLC is selled that CA release modding tools to give it a new life for instance...

Maybe Ca can release a DLC with new units, campaign etc.. and mod tools, so u could pay for modding tools. Then they would make money of it. and u would also have to buy the dlc to play the mods made with it.
    Profit on both sides.
    If i'm not wrong medieval 2 kingdoms is better to mod than the vannilla version.
    Proud member of Sakua Gaming

Senior Member Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysius the Mighty View Post
    Oh, really? I haven't got to them yet, I thought they only fired in a single rank. XD the video I saw showed a matchlock unit fire only one rank, and then another fired three ranks one after the other, so I thought someone had modded the ability back in from the old Empire code.
    Na they have that ability in the game. I used it the other day along with their bamboo shield defence thing. But even with that they are worthless in battle.

Omg people you need to leave the "Official Forums Dungeon" and go to Total War Center, some really great mods out, atm. Pretty much the same installs like Napoleon, mod wise. Additional Units Mod with Darth Mod is what I am rocking. This forums is like BYU, the rules are you can not talk about Fight Club, 2nd Rule: You can not talk about Fight Club.

Live a little and mod it up, only way to enjoy the game. Honestly!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast