Just a heads up to let you know that we’ve pushed back the release of the Caesar in Gaul Campaign Pack slightly to Tuesday 17th December in order to give us a bit more time to squeeze in some additions to the accompanying patch. The good news is that the extra changes we’re squeezing in will have a knock-on benefit to the main game, so even if you don’t purchase the DLC you’ll still see improvements.
Patch 8 will be hitting at the same time as the Caesar in Gaul DLC and as well as activating the DLC will bring with it some improvements, including:
• Technical and performance issue updates including crash fixes.
• New culture system – culture no longer works on 100%-0%, instead aiming to achieve an equilibrium between the cultures present in a province, relative to their respective culture points.
• Additional AI fixes.
• The Post-battle loading screens for Custom/ Multiplayer battles are now interactive, after load so the player can see kills/losses of other armies in battle.
As Caesar in Gaul has moved back slightly, the patch after it is going to go into Public Beta quite soon. We plan to put Patch 8.1 into open beta 48 hours after launch of Caesar in Gaul, which will bring additional improvements to the main game, including:
• Improvements to siege artillery using flaming projectiles appropriately (when attacking walls and towers).
• Additional fixes to AI and pathfinding.
• Fixes to issues with AI’s interaction with walls in siege battles, enabling a more effective use of siege towers and ladders.
Thanks for being patient,