Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunther's Avatar Conquest [A let's play]

Member Private

Default Gunther's Avatar Conquest [A let's play]

When taking breaks between long sessions of EU3 I indluge in a bit of Shogun 2's new multiplayer feature: The Avatar Conquest campaign!

I have fallen in love with this feature, warts and all, and I have decided to share my multiplayer experiences in the form of a video series.

Playlist | Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10 | Part 11 | Part 12 | Parts 13 - 15 | Part 16 | Part 17 | Part 18 | Part 19 | Part 20

Replays: Battle 13 | Battle 14 | Battle 15

I hope very much that you enjoy it, and send me some feedback.

PS: Thankyou to Craig Laycock and the Creative Assembly for liking my videos so much, and sending me some free goodies!
    Last edited by Gunther; 04-19-2011 at 07:05 AM.
    You Play Shogun 2!

Gunther's Avatar Conquest, a Let's Play Video Series (Discontinued).

Senior Member Corporal Xinister's Avatar

Nice, I'm going to watch all of them and see if I can learn a thing or two, haha! Btw..I noticed when watching........NO UNIT COMMAND DELAY?! (Wooooah!) This pretty much makes multiplayer unplayable for me because my units will take 1-2 seconds to react to my commands, which makes it way too hard to do simple things like dodging cavalry units. You could call it lag, but it makes no sense since I have a fiber optic net supporting 2mb download/upload.

What I'm trying to say is that I'll have to settle with watching other people play instead and learn a thing or two while doing so.

Member Private

Yes, I do seem to be getting less issues than most people are (and I have a bad computer and worse internet).

But I still do get some lag here and there. I can't tell if it's graphical or network related, and it does result in some missed clicks and funky deployments.

Parts 7 - 9 have been released, links in the OP.
    Last edited by Psycho V; 04-27-2011 at 06:40 AM.
    You Play Shogun 2!

Definitely going to follow this, especially since I know nothing about conquest mode - a good way to learn, hopefully

Edit:
    If you were able to obtain a higher video-quality, it would be great. Kind of blurry
    Last edited by PiCaSsO; 03-26-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Member Private

Quote Originally Posted by PiCaSsO View Post
    If you were able to obtain a higher video-quality, it would be great. Kind of blurry
    I would love too have 720p video, but my ageing Core 2 Duo can only handle recording some many frames per second. The best I can do is 480p, and even then it can get a bit choppy.
    You Play Shogun 2!

Senior Member Corporal Ashero Meroke's Avatar

Truly remarkable man. I loved every minute to it. You make the video's enjoyable to watch with your witty comments and how you call everything moppets. I really wished I could play but alas I must save for a wedding and kid first before a thousand dollar pc that I was planning on getting after taxes.

Regardless I'll be watching closely.
    Daimyo of the Meroke family.
    Friend, ally, brother. Lets all have fun out there and fight till our last breath!

Member Private

Due to technical difficulties (AKA personal muppetry) what I recorded for parts 13 to 15 was completely unusable. However, I will upload the battle replays for your enjoyment.

Battle 13: vs persoderberg (Lvl 2), Daisetsuzan Basin
    Battle 14: vs SinSho (Lvl 8), Crossroads
    Battle 15: vs AgonyAMP (Lvl 10), Crossroads
    You Play Shogun 2!

sadly when I downloaded it's under a different file type that I can't read. I guess you will need to give the cliffnotes version of what happened. :/
    Friend, ally, brother. Lets all have fun out there and fight till our last breath!

Member Private

Quote Originally Posted by Ashero Meroke View Post
    sadly when I downloaded it's under a different file type that I can't read. I guess you will need to give the cliffnotes version of what happened. :/
    I have plans for doing this is video form. I wonder why the replays won't work? You did copy them to your replays folder and try to open them in game?
    You Play Shogun 2!

Well there inlies the problem...I don't actually own the game. >.> I don't have a pc to play it currently. As I said, it's hard saving for a pc when your getting married in two months and just had a baby. BUT I'm trying!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast