Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: ROME II patch 8.1 hits today

Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Master and Commander CraigTW's Avatar

Total War: ROME II patch 8.1 hits today

Total War: ROME II patch 8.1 hits today

A patch focused on further improving ROME II’s campaign and battle gameplay is now live. Patch 8.1 will download automatically via Steam for ROME II players.

As standard, players should ensure they have any mods uninstalled and have fully restarted Steam before starting the updated game.

A number of campaign parameters have been rebalanced, resulting in a more aggressive and tactically-focused AI. Players will also find opponents raiding their territories more frequently.

The patch also brings new improvements to battle. For example, towers and battering rams are used more effectively, and interact with city walls more realistically. Boiling oil now no longer causes incendiary damage, and the AI now selects the most appropriate artillery type in sieges.

For full details please visit: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_8_1. Work is also now underway on patch 9, which is expected to enter public beta soon.

Member Lance Corporal

Thanks

Second.
    Rome 2 is lost.

Member Private

If we've done the 8.1 beta, this is the same patch correct? I just want to be sure my friend and I's co-op campaign won't be affected.

Junior Member Private

I'm impressed by the amount of these patches and the fact that they're not DLC's with a price tag of 25$. Good work

Thumbs up!
    In ancient Japan, a Kensai (剣聖, sword's saint) was an honorary title given to a warrior of legendary skill in swordsmanship. The literal translation of "Kensai" is "sword saint". Thus, the term is considered by some to imply a higher degree of perfection (possibly also encompassing a moral dimension) than the more commonly used kengō (剣豪) or "great sword".

italy, pizza, spaghetti, hate and blood :3

Quote Originally Posted by Dodo View Post
    Second.
    Rome 2 is lost.
    perfect the exit is over there.

and for the patch.
    FINALLY, i hope you added something for all of this time.

Senior Member Corporal tuffgong_jamaica's Avatar

Exclamation

Are you going to release a DLC to fix carthage ?, because it's really weak :/ , barely no mercenary units.

Senior Member Sergeant dark prens's Avatar

I am asking just one question Craig Ca; 8.1 live patch is different than beta? Are you developing 8.1 beta or live and beta version are same?

Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Master and Commander CraigTW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VeniVidiVicix View Post
    If we've done the 8.1 beta, this is the same patch correct? I just want to be sure my friend and I's co-op campaign won't be affected.
    That's right. Maybe a couple of minor changes based on last minute feedback, but essentially the same.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast