Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2nd disc installation

Junior Member Private

Default 2nd disc installation

Hi I bought medieval total war 2 a while back now and have recently decided to load it back on my computer unfortunatley everytime it comes to putting the second disc in and finding the files i cannot find it anywhere , I cannot remember how i did it last time any help? thanks

Senior Member Master and Commander daelin4's Avatar

This is a technical support issue. I'll move this over there. Please follow the guidelines they have posted there. In your case, to try to make sure its is/isn't a disc issue, copy the contents of your second disc into an empty folder on your desktop. If it carries over, it must be your drive; if there is an error, such as a redundancy check error, the disc is damaged or otherwise corrupted he files.
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code][code] in your post.

Junior Member Private

Thanks very much the files can be copied into a folder on my desktop which is from what you've said is bad news?

Senior Member Master and Commander daelin4's Avatar

You can simply copy the 1st disc in to the same folder- the only files it would ask to replace would be irrelevant ones like autorun.inf, which aren't the game files, then try to install the game from there. This is one of my remedies for possibly damaged discs and for games that I frequently end up reinstalling after a hiatus. Some setups still ask for a next disc however. Try this out and see if it works. Nevertheless, since your 2nd disc seems to be working as it should, try reinstalling as normal first to see if its a CD drive issue.
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code][code] in your post.

Junior Member Private

the files do copy into a folder and i when i checked i founfd the ones missing however when on the installing they dont show up on the copied file either

Junior Member Private

thank you very much for your time have it working now

+ Reply to Thread