Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to get more income in Shogan 2 and what does other income mean?

Senior Member Corporal Blanchflower's Avatar

Smile How to get more income in Shogan 2 and what does other income mean?

OK, I am pretty much struggling in increasing my finances. The question is, how do I get more income from my towns and what does other income mean? I am a newbie in this game and I really want to increase the size of my army without going into bankruptcy!

Thanks!

Moderator Master and Commander mmurray821's Avatar

Trade, trade nodes, ports, merchants and farms. All increase your income.

Try to leave the tax at minimal, since it not only lowers your unrest but your population growth increases and your towns grow faster. More people and bigger towns=more tax revenue.
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.

Quote Originally Posted by mmurray821 View Post

Try to leave the tax at minimal, since it not only lowers your unrest but your population growth increases and your towns grow faster. More people and bigger towns=more tax revenue.
    If you can get away with minimal, sure... but, with some of the more difficult clans, I'm usually strapped for cash until late in the game. I say keep it at normal, and every once in awhile, switch it on high or very high - though that would depend on the current situation of your lands. Newly conquered territories will rebel easy, usually after one turn if they are upset, because of taxes. But for the most part, and if they are your primary lands or have been in your possession awhile, you can get away with taxing them with very high for one turn and then waiting awhile to do it again.

Unrest doesn't seem to be too much of a problem for me, as I have yet to have a town rebel on me for anything short of being a recently conquered territory, and that's only if my army gets beat pretty bad and I don't have enough troops to go through the season without finishing repairs. On the whole, it doesn't feel like it's nearly as important as it was in previous TW games.

Certain buildings also increase revenue (sake dens come to mind).

Quote Originally Posted by mmurray821 View Post

Thanks. So does trade come in automatically when I build a trade ship?

Also, how do I trade if I am at war with ALL the clans. They would not definitely trade with me. For example, I conquered Kyoto and all the clans were against me!

Senior Member General Dark Side's Avatar
    The restaurant at the end of the universe

No. You have to put your trade ships on trade nodes (golden icons with an anchor sign on the east and north parts of Japan). And even then, they don't generate money for you directly. Trade nodes generate commodities that you can trade with your trade partners. So basically they increase your trade income from trade partners.

There is a mod on TWCenter that works around the Realm Divide feature that allows you to keep your closest allies and vassals even after Realm Divide triggers. It is worth installing if you are facing economy problems with it.

So should I place my trade ship there permanently on the trade nodes? Then what about land trade? Do they have nodes as well?

Senior Member General Dark Side's Avatar
    The restaurant at the end of the universe

As long as you have trade partners it is almost always better to have trade ships on trade nodes (the only exception when your total income from trade partners is lower than the upkeep costs of your trade fleet and their protection fleet which is pretty rare).

There are no land trade nodes. There are trade resources in some regions (horses, iron, wood, stone, crafts). Those act the same way as trade nodes but you have to build upgrades to get more of each resource instead of putting more trade ships.

I was struggling for quite a while with my income, i decided to build up an army, go close to bankrupt and then on the verge of being ******ed i just rushed 3 towns at once. After I had the 3 new towns my income went from about 20 per season to around 3000. Best way to do it (other than trade, upkeep etc) is to raid a few towns and control them.

Senior Member Sergeant-Major Maurice76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madae View Post
    But for the most part, and if they are your primary lands or have been in your possession awhile, you can get away with taxing them with very high for one turn and then waiting awhile to do it again.
    Actually, I disadvice doing this. Everytime you raise your tax level too high, you incur a rather high penalty to growth in town wealth - both during the turn it's turned high as well as during the turn it's back to normal again (due to discontent). The short-term money yield might be nice, but the detrimental effects on the long run hurts more than you gained. Keep in mind that any penalty actually piles up through the subsequent turns in the form of lost tax income.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast