Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum II

I'm glad you guys liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    I'm glad you guys liked it.
    Hey Apple! How did you get in here without a proper introduction?? For those who don't know, Apple is pretty much the Big Cheese, or at least one of the Big Cheeses, of the Roma Surrectom development team!

I'm still struggling with my (new --3rd or 4th) RS2 Roman Campaign, but I'm also having fun with it.

-- Cliff in Virginia

Senior Member Corporal Arvenides's Avatar

How is it possible to have enough of time for so many campaigns? I'm still struggling on my first ones! I'm playing two campaigns right now, one as Cimbri and one as Macedon.

The campaign as Macedon is definitely the one I enjoy the most. I'm in war with the Ptolemaics and Pergamon in my conquest of the east, I'm defending my walls from Roman invasions from the west and I'm pressing the Free Greeks from my borders to the south.

This is mod is just amazing!
    Last edited by Arvenides; 09-18-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Senior Member Master and Commander Shireknight's Avatar

I've been playing (as Rome) since release day and I still haven't got the Martius reforms yet lol but I'm loving every minute of it.

It's time for honesty :-
    CA it's time for change, Warscape is fundamentally flawed because it's based on old (bugged) code please retire it and give us a brand new game engine from scratch, until you do this every Total War game is doomed to be bugged before it's even released.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvenides View Post
    How is it possible to have enough of time for so many campaigns? I'm still struggling on my first ones! I'm playing two campaigns right now, one as Cimbri and one as Macedon.

The campaign as Macedon is definitely the one I enjoy the most. I'm in war with the Ptolemaics and Pergamon in my conquest of the east, I'm defending my walls from Roman invasions from the west and I'm pressing the Free Greeks from my borders to the south.

This is mod is just amazing!
    I didn't mean that I had completed 3 or 4 campaigns -- I meant that I had started 3 or four campaigns & bailed out because I didn't know what I was doing. I am 40 years into my current campaign, and am doing fairly well (holding my own, at least.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shireknight
    I've been playing (as Rome) since release day and I still haven't got the Martius reforms yet lol but I'm loving every minute of it.
    I think I'm about 2 turns away from the Marius reforms; anyway I *think* I'm building the right Imperial Palace (or some such) in the right city. BTW, how come you look somewhat cuter on the TWC forum??

Junior Member Private Mastodontti's Avatar

I was playing my campaign as Rome today and everything was going along nicely for a change. I finally managed to destroy the Arvernii and push north into Cimbri territory. The Ptolemaics declared war on me and invaded from Anatolia but I managed to beat them back for now. I have no interest in going further east at the moment. But then **** hit the fan, and it hit it hard. I lost most of my developed provinces to the Roman Rebels and they are now the 1) strongest, 2) richest and 3) largest nation in the game... Add to that the fact that I was forced to fight a ****load of battles when this happened (after a few I simply autoresolved as I didn't have time to spend 6 hours fighting battle after battle on the Roman Rebels turn) and you can probably imagine how I felt.

So, any suggestions? My only provinces capable of producing armies to fight them are located in northern Italy (which I will soon lose), Illyria and north from Illyria. North Africa has been theirs for some time as I didn't have the resources to hold on to it early in the game so I let them rebel. The Sarmatians are still neutral as I've got a few stacks near my border towns but they'll invade soon since I'm using all my resources to fight the Rebels and as said before the Ptolemaic empire is knocking on my door at Greece... I'm quite certain I will lose this campaign very soon. It's been extremely fun though and I will fight until it is certain I cannot rise again.

E: I forgot to add that I'm horribly in debt.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mastodontti; 09-22-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Senior Member Master and Commander Shireknight's Avatar

Switch sides and join the rebels

It's time for honesty :-
    CA it's time for change, Warscape is fundamentally flawed because it's based on old (bugged) code please retire it and give us a brand new game engine from scratch, until you do this every Total War game is doomed to be bugged before it's even released.

We said that RS 2 would be hard didn't we.

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    We said that RS 2 would be hard didn't we.
    You and the other devs have posted on the TWC RS2 forum that there will be a MAJOR REBELLION when you, as Rome, have conquered 80-87 regions. This sounds exactly what happened to Mastodontti, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Shireknight View Post
    My friend has got it after a few rounds... lol

This mod is awesome!
    Last edited by PATRIOT45; 09-23-2010 at 08:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast