Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 14 BETA Live Now!

The Creative Assembly Lieutenant Joey CA's Avatar

CA admin replied Patch 14 BETA Live Now!

Hello All!

Thank you for being patient while we squeezed a few more tweaks in, but Patch 14 is now available for Open Beta.

Please remember that the patch is a work in progress and you may encounter bugs if you decide to play using it. If you do, please report any issue in the beta test forums here.

The patch notes are quite lengthy so please have a good read through if you wish to opt into the public beta.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_14

*Please note* That the patch notes are subject to change during the beta stages but we will post the changes with any updates that may occur during that time.

To Opt into the Patch 14 BETA:

1) In Steam games library, right-click “Total War: ROME II” and select “Properties”.
    2) In the Properties window, select the “BETAS” tab.
    3) In the “Select the beta you would like to opt into:” drop-down box, select “patch14beta -”.
    4) “Total War: ROME II” will update, and the game will be listed as “Total War: ROME II [patch14beta]” in the steam games library.

For Modders/ Users of Mods

During the beta stages it is recommended to disable all mods until the patch is live to all. Due to the possible frequent updates mods will be rendered ‘out of date’ until the mod creator has updated it to be compatible with the recent build. If you do keep your mods please make sure they have been made up to date the mod creator or you may face unforeseen issues with your game that we will be unable to assist you with.

Please do not report bugs if you are using mods. Disable all mods, start a new game and check for the bug, if it is still present then please do report it.

To Update Assembly Kit:

1) In Steam tools library, right-click “Total War: ROME II – Assembly Kit BETA” and select “Properties”.
    2) In the Properties window, select the “BETAS” tab.
    3) In the “Select the beta you would like to opt into:” drop-down box, select “patch14beta -”.
    4) “Total War: ROME II – Assembly Kit BETA” will update, and the tool will be listed as “Total War: ROME II – Assembly Kit BETA [patch14beta]” in the steam library.

Please use this thread for constructive feedback

Joey
    The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

For solutions thread - http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...support-forums

To post a technical issue - http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisp...-Support-Forum

Senior Member Major KatsumotoGK's Avatar

YES! Patch notes say : it fixed tons of siege AI stuff

335.4 MB download make some room lol
    Last edited by KatsumotoGK; 07-22-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Senior Member Major KatsumotoGK's Avatar

*Edited*

Please head to the official wiki for the full notes, they are a bit much to post in thread

-Will CA
    Last edited by Will CA; 07-22-2014 at 10:07 AM.

excellent!

Very long list and lots of "improvements to siege AI".. sounds promising.
    Last edited by Aquilo; 07-22-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    What would you have me do, Caesar?

Member Lance Corporal

That's a really impressive looking patch, some nice work there.

Senior Member Sergeant myselfnapoleon's Avatar

Siege AI stuff, exactly what I wanted. And there are a couple of MPC-related problems addressed as well. It looks like a good patch. I will test that

I'm liking what I'm reading with these patch notes...

highlights for me are:

-Units on the battlefield now blend / fade out when they get very close to the camera, to avoid ugly clipping / seeing into the unit models.
    -Unit ‘stuttering’ in battle has been improved.
    -Fixed issues where AI's naval reinforcement units became unresponsive after splitting up into multiple groups upon disembarking.
    -anything which containts the words "Seige AI"
    -Campaign AI is now more likely to defend settlements instead of running away. This should lead to bigger and more frequent battles.
    -Individual men will not attempt to walk through solid fort walls as their unit passes through a breach.
    -MP desync stuff

All in all this looks like a good patch worth the wait
    Last edited by lordbob; 07-22-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Senior Member Sergeant-Major

Thank you Will and Joey.

A lot of siege improvements makes me happy good read.

Now the most important thing left is fixing politics. Maybe some better graphics. After that the game is in a very good state.

Senior Member Major

The wait is o-ver!

Senior Member Brigadier jonasnee's Avatar

ok ill look foward to seeing this, i wonder what balance has been done this time around.
    put your actions where your mouth is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast