Multiplayer Suggestion - an overview
This is so the devs get all reasonable and meaningful suggestions for multiplay avatar campaign in one thread. We would like to make Shogun the best TW ever hopefully
and hopefully finished and polished before CA gettin in the pressure to work on the next
Before anyone is starting a "Guttenberg"-discussion i would like to mention that the idea of this thread and though even some phrases are taken from Skurkanas Multiplayer Issues - an overview thread
Based on how helpful a suggestion seems to be, i'll add a raw tag:
(most helpful): wished by most of all people / would improve the game definitely
(very helpful): wished by lots of people / would improve the game a lot
(helpful): a certain amount would like to see this done
Please know that we cannot list all wishes here - we have to think about the "extra" time CA needs for implementing it and we should not get lost into dreams and wishes that would better come up in a new game.
This thread is about Shogun 2 multiplayer avatar conquest only - nothing else will be discussed here.
This thread will be moderated so please do not get offensive if your reply will be edited or even deleted.
thank you for your participation!
GAME PLAY & BALANCING
WEATHER CONDITIONS SHOULD BE USED RANDOMLY (very helpful)
- weather conditions should be used randomly in match-make battles. currently nothing of them is used - very sad -
FOG OF WAR (helpful)
- currently and likely to all predecessors there is no FOW on the battle map. this makes it somehow too easy to see units and revealing strategies
FORCE ATTACK (helpful)
- it should be possible to force attack (e.g. Bowmen) to a certain point even there is no "visible" unit in range
BATTLE TIMER (ONCE ALL DOJOS ARE CAPTURED) (very helpful)
- a lot of people are angry about the "camping-site" situation on certain maps. no that camping would help to win but it makes the game unintersting till boring.
a often heard suggestion is that there should be a battle timer unit all dojos are captured by one faction, and will lead to victory of this. this would force the other side to move and not just sitting and watching the scenery with mangonels on their defensive hill - for details of balancing etc plz discuss with your customers, but not here
here you find a similar good suggestion
REMOVE DOWNLOAD LOCATION RESTRICTIONS / REGIONAL SERVER DIVIDE (most helpful) - as seen in the past with Napoleon TW there are again known restrictions to see players in chat lobby, chatrooms, and classical battlelist battles, or even match-making battles, that are depending on your download-region in Steam. CA fixed that in NTW. We dont accept this limit as it threatens any worldwide community ambitions. we still don't like to have dozens of unknown players in our friendlist just to be able to play a couple of games with
CANNON-BUNS SHOULD BE MUCH MORE AFFECTED BY FIRE (very helpful)
- currently cannon-buns are quite immortal in naval battles. it would be nice if they could be set on fire more easily or explode even, damaging other ships in the near, as they have stored lots of gun-power, isnt it? flamebomb-kobayas are too slow and have too less mines to be efficient
CANNON-BUNS CANNOT BE BOARDED (very helpful)
- currently cannon-buns are quite immortal in naval battles. they cannot be boarded even if you had the luck to get in distance and survived
RESCUE THE YARI HERO (very helpful)
Yari Hero: Charge is higher but Cavalry bonus is the same as Yari Samuari, Lame for more than double the cost of Yari Samuari. Yari Hero Cavalry bonus should be head and shoulders above all Spear units, 35 is what I would start at because right now, blah and I've been testing it. good suggestions would be:
Armor Level higher or
Speed bonus or
Melee Defense higher or
Scare Cavalry ability or
also read on here
FLAME BOMB UNITS/ NINJAS TOO HARD TO USE (very helpful)
as using the same strict logic on formation and throwing style before the enemy all flame bombs are quite useless... even as they act and suffer same way than grenadiers in Napoleon. I havent tested it yet but it is likely that they are not useful for defending sieges as in NTW they didnt throw down their load correctly down the walls as well.
MORE REALISTIC FRIENDLY FIRE FOR MATCH-LOCK (most helpful)
There should be a much bigger penalty for firing into the backs of your own units to hit the enemy.
to reference Rome Total War, one could select several units while holding Ctrl and simply click a location, having them become "temporarily grouped" until they moved to that location.
OVERHAUL FOR MOUSE-OVER INFO (most helpful)
- currently the units speed is not shown anywhere
-penalties should be clearly written there as figures
original thread and example
INCLUDE BACK BUTTON (most helpful)
-a back button in the match-make battles (or at least leaving with [Esc]) Most of the problems could be even workarounded by this as long there is no patch for all stated match-make battle problems, rather than ALT-F4 or killing shogun2.exe in taskmanager. We are tired of restarting the game
LOADING SCREEN (TW:S2 SPLASH SCREEN) IMPROVEMENTS: (most helpful)
- a loading process bar on the startup screen would be helpful or at least a review of the processes there. it tooks "ages" to load up Shogun 2 for all players.
SAVING COLOR PROFILES FOR VETERAN UNITS (very helpful)
- ability to save / load or reset color profiles for veteran units
COLOR PICKER (most helpful)
- currently the color picker is a little bit weird, as he always put in a 0 in the textbox that needs to be deleted with DEL KEY. currently this prevents a quick input of color codes
APPLYING SAME COLORS TO MULTIPLE VETERANS (very helpful)
- a lot of players would like being able to set the color of the veterans for multiple units once instead of every single unit, this would shorten the design times.
REVIVE THE MAP EDITOR BASED ON THE CAMPAIGN MAP (most helpful)
- in Rome Total War it was possible to host games on self picked maps (according to file /data/custom_locations.txt, e.g. Hemisphere Map Pack or others - CA will know what it is about). That system should be possible again as it offered thousands of real good places to play without the need that everyone had to have the same parameters / maps on his PC)
CHANGE TO BATTLE LIST LAYOUT (very helpful)
- changing the battle list layout so we have an ability to see who is in the hosted games or at least the name of the hosting player according to former TW games.
CLAN CHAT ABILITIES IN STEAM (very helpful)
- add clan chat button which will open up steam group's chat quickly and easily (many people dont know that there is clan chatroom on steam)
- Make the in-game clan chat working (now the clan tab in chat sometimes disappears) and more flashy when someone writes on it (atm the flash when someon writes there is almost unnoticeable)
IGNORE / MARK PLAYER (very helpful)
- some certain player should be able to take on a ignore list or getting marked
would prevent games with certain leavers
ADD AUTO-RUN SELECTION IN GAME OPTIONS
some people like it, some people don't. Best option would be to add a button the options menu which acitvates/deactivates auto run of units
MORE VARIOUS MUSIC IN ALL MENUES (helpful)
- Jeff van Dyck has done a great work upon the TW:S2 soundtrack, anyway a lot of players are really rid off the endless repeat of the music in the Shogun 2 menu and so put off all music. I think this is too sad.
How about bringing other existing tracks of the soundtrack in the menu, would be more enjoyable.
MAKE LEVELING AVATAR AND UNITS HARDER (very helpful)
- a lot of people are quite disappointed to have all things reached so far with their avatar and units
also it is very upsetting some, including me, if you are not a 24/7 player you cannot compete as you will face lvl 10 players with all units unlocked and having lvl 7 up monks and sort. this is imbalancing and really hard to stand for casual gamers or even new starters.
MORE MATCH-MAKE BATTLE PREFERENCES (in menu avatar campaign -> create a team) (helpful)
although the present preferences do not work, we would like to have more options there instead of only presetting land, naval or siege battles. like: army size, (preferable weather conditions), funds, And a "search for players with same skill level? YES/NO". This may be lead in a lot of coding but it is worth. only danger may be longer waiting times either.
RETAINERS SHOULD WORK IN NAVAL BATTLES (very helpful)
- e.g. more ammo for bowmen, accuracy etc.
- some special retainers for naval battles or sieges only
GET SHOGUN 2 VAC (VALVE ANTI-CHEAT) ACTIVATED - MORE THAN ONLY ON THE PAPER (most helpful)
- create an option to report a player after game with a box to write description and the ability to upload a screenshot from your steam made screenshots and additionally a saved replay
MORE INFLUENCE TO THE PLAYER WHICH ELIGIBLE UNIT SHALL BE PROMOTED (very helpful)
- the current system of awarding veteran units is very random and hard to understand, not units fought best will get veterans, not units that got upg. in the post-battle screen statistics get veterans.
the players only influence is to accept or decline the choice of the offered units. he should be able to pick out veterans himself, as long the unit got upgrades and so is eligible to be promoted to a veteran.
ALLOW RESKILL OF VETERAN UNITS (very helpful)
- allow the reskill (reset of skill) of veteran units for some clan coins likely to the avatar
ABILITY TO KICK OUT PLAYERS FROM THE SHOGUN 2 CLAN GROUP(very helpful)
- it would be helpful if there is an option for the group leader to kick players from his group. currently kicking a player from the steam group does not fit to get him out of the Shogun 2 Clan group
USE BETTER VOICES IN THE NEXT RELEASE OF SHOGUN
perhaps next time they can hire
Ken Watanabe for the english speaking version (Inception)
Toru Tanabe for the german version (Last Samurai, Inception)
i also ilked the chosen voice from the first video footages before release (old intro videos), it was more like them, more natural japanese accent, wonder why you replaced the speaker.
this is one footage where it was used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99r4F7WLtbo
this is the new one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzdU_UYCDxU this voice sounds very neutral and misses the passion and natural accent of a german speaking japanese.