Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer Suggestions - an overview *moderated*

Suggestion
    Create an option to report a player after game with a box to write description and the ability to upload a screenshot from your steam screenshots

/updated

very nice idea...making Steam VAC more than a toothless warning

Suggestion #1
    We should be able to see the players names that are in hosted games in Battle List
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but I can't move around my veteran units in my veteran slots, It would be awesome if we could re-arrange where our veteran units are placed in the slots, it's good to keep stuff organized
    Last edited by NotSure; 04-10-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Senior Member Corporal III IDOLIZE III's Avatar

Suggestion #1:
    Some retainers, like European gunsmith do not work on games, as well as when the enemy player would use untrained fugu cook(-2 melee) and i would use the +2 melee retainer, it should cancel out the effect of my +2 melee bonus, and just make my melee inf have -2 melee, instead of the 0 bonus which it should have.

Suggestion #2:
    The game should clearly show the unit funds, and unit size in hosted battles, so you can pick an appropriate army. Most of the time it says large, or medium when it is really small.

Suggestion #3:
    Multiplater siege battles battles really need to be balance, FOR THE DEFENDERs. What's the point on defending a huge castle, that looks amazing, and has alot of different ways to attack, and defend if you only have enough money for like, 3-5 units? especially if you are a 10 star and your general costs 1600. Whereas the attackers can spam up bows, and sam kats to easily take your towers, then it turns into a "revolving around the tenshu so you don't get hit" game.

Please take time to consider all these needed improvements, to try and make this game better.
    Thank You.

Senior Member Corporal

*1 Create a clan currency
    Each region (also coast) on the map provide a different amount of gold once a hour.
    With gold clans can build different buildings (one per province) providing global or defensive effects.

E.G:
    -Fortress: each win on this province by a clan member provide an additional +5 clan points
    -Walls: each win on this province by a non clan member provide a malus of -5 clan point
    -Merchants' Guild: each clan member that fight on this province receive +10% koku when hiring his army
    -Armory: clan members's melee units acquire a +2 attack bonus provided by improved quality weapons when fighting on this province.
    -Smith: clan members's melee units acquire a +2 defence bonus provided by improved quality armors when fighting on this province.
    -Fletchers: clan members's archers units acquire a +5 accuracy bonus provided by improved quality arrows and a +5 ammonitions when fighting on this province.

Legendary buildings (once per kind on a map)
    -Legendary Kenjutsu School (swords clans only): clan members's sword units are provided by +1 attack in each battle, till the clan hold this province.
    -Legendary Sojutsu School (spears clans only): clan members's spear and naginata units are provided by +1 attack in each battle, till the clan hold this province.
    -Legendary Kyudo School (archers clans only): clan members's archers units (included mounted archers) are provided by +10 reload skill in each battle, till the clan hold this province.
    -Legendary Bajutsu School (cavalry clans only): clan members's mounted units (excepted mounted archers) are provided by +5 charge and +2 speed in each battle, till the clan hold this province.
    -Imperial ****nal: clan members's musket units are provided by +5 reload skill and +5 accuracy in each battle, till the clan hold this province.
    -Imperial Dry Dock (only provinces with docks): clan members's naval units are provided by +25% hull strength and +5% crew in each sea battle, till the clan hold this province.

"Normal" buildings are destroyed when the province is conquered by another clan or by clan leader decision.
    Legendary buildings are destroyed only at the end on the turn (once a week).

*2 Clan Tokens
    Clan token reward after the battle should be influenced by players lvls (fighting against a higher lvl opponent should be more rewarding) and also "kind" of victory (Pyrrhic victory should be less rewarding than a heroic victory)

*3 Cowards
    Just add a button to refuse a game against a coward while in the lobby

*4 Alt+tab
    improve game performances to allow player alt+tab to desktop while they are looking for a classified match.
    Last edited by Khurt; 04-11-2011 at 01:01 PM.

hi Khurt your suggestions are very interesting but i think much to wide as they would do that.

@idolize the things you reported are mostly bugs that are already known

Junior Member Private

I really just want to be able to play 14k 1 on 1 battles on lvl 10, i can just ignore all the bugs and all the other inperfections but i can't ignore the fact that an army consisting of 19monk units and 1 general was NOT the common view on the battlefields of that era... CA i know you love history so pls write history and give us the choice :*-( ... 22.5k battles are killing all the fun for me ... really ALL of it...

Hey mate. I would propose suggestion i have in my signature:

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...r-lost-battles.
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-to-distribute...

Regards.

read the whole topics Filar, but have mixed emotions anyway i put your suggestions in as a link for keeping up a good discussion about
    /updated

Not for discussion-Edited Out

As for my actual suggestion: add more customization options.
    Add Monk Avatar armour! Like the way it looks allot and there isn't any in the game now.
    Add more customization options for individual veterans.
    Right now we get to paint our units(whoop tie do), but wouldn't it but nice if you can decide a bit more on how they look? Look at it as a mini-avatar customization for your veteran units. Maybe even put 3 sets for each veteran unit so they don't all look alike. I'm not sure how much PC/internet-power this would take. If it causes lag then just leave it, but I doubt it will.
    Last edited by AlJabberwock; 04-26-2011 at 08:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast