Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clan competition season length change

Moderator Master and Commander DenmarkRules's Avatar

Awesome! Have been waiting for this!
    I'm currently in a clan with 10 active players. We have in all the leagues we have played in conquered and easily held all regions. Only 1 of the other clans actually tried to take a few regions(without succes of course).
    So this is really good news soon to be able to play with equals.

Thanks Ian

"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Registered User Lieutenant Psycho V's Avatar

Excellent news, thanks for the heads up Ian
    "Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, 1572 – 1631, Meditation 17)

hello Ian
    how to you go balance the clans with few players (10) and clans with many players (100)?
    thanks

Senior Member Colonel IncubusDragon's Avatar
    Behind Enemy Lines... ...a Scotsman in London

Quote Originally Posted by sertorio View Post
    hello Ian
    how to you go balance the clans with few players (10) and clans with many players (100)?
    thanks
    The clans with the monstrous number of members are expected to rise to the top tier and the smaller clans distributed into the lower tiers.
    Disorder arises from order, Cowardice arises from courage, Weakness arises from strength - Sun Tzu
    Incubus Dragon |Ronin|
    Click me for Shogun 2 Custom Maps

Talking laughing ...

Quote Originally Posted by DenmarkRules View Post
    Awesome! Have been waiting for this!
    I'm currently in a clan with 10 active players. We have in all the leagues we have played in conquered and easily held all regions. Only 1 of the other clans actually tried to take a few regions(without succes of course).
    So this is really good news soon to be able to play with equals.

Thanks Ian
    Are you serious???

The CLAN-cometition is waste of time. You can't beat Clans with many members, because of the lack of a ratio wins/members. Most Clans do not care about the competition. How can you avoid that Clans in the better time zone use their advantage by playing the last 3 hours before end of season? They can climb up to rank 1 or 2 and the former leading Clans, whose members are sleeping or working/go to school at this time, can't do anything against. The Clan-competition is nonsense now. Can't you see that?

YABU sama
    The path is the target!
    Der Weg ist das Ziel!

Senior Member Corporal

then you will soon meet the 200 member Tea clan,,they will be in Tier 2 next week with the majority of the map under thier grasp with 2 of us fighting for 2nd with only 3 active members...enjoy

Senior Member Sergeant-Major General Oda's Avatar

in all fairness, the war never sleeps. So you can either recruit members in other timezones or live with it

Quote Originally Posted by OldRaka View Post
    Are you serious???

The CLAN-cometition is waste of time. You can't beat Clans with many members, because of the lack of a ratio wins/members. Most Clans do not care about the competition. How can you avoid that Clans in the better time zone use their advantage by playing the last 3 hours before end of season? They can climb up to rank 1 or 2 and the former leading Clans, whose members are sleeping or working/go to school at this time, can't do anything against. The Clan-competition is nonsense now. Can't you see that?

YABU sama

Dear IanRox

there is a very urgent need to balance the mp conquest map further. The easiest method would be to seperate clans of every tier in groups regarding to their number of members within in steps of 10 - so 0-10 Members Group 1 - 10-20 Group 2 - 20-30 Group 3 and so on.

See my post on current stats in tier 2 group 1.
    it is ridiculous!

there are a lot players, including me that wishes penalty for losses aswell. it is not a mind of competition to play and loose with no effect on the results.

i think it wouldnt be hard to code that a loosing battle would cause loosing same points on the regions the players stood on.

I kinda hope they don't make losses affect the clan standings. If you are just starting out you don't want to think that all your losses are a direct detriment to your clan. If you are getting all losses you are not contributing and that is bad enough in my view. When people play they play to win (even if they happen to lose a lot). If they are trying to get their legs they should be encouraged not discouraged by a dynamic that would start making the better players seriously resent the worse players in their clan.

Senior Member Colonel IncubusDragon's Avatar
    Behind Enemy Lines... ...a Scotsman in London

Imagine it a bit like a stagnant pond... the dross sinks to the bottom and the scum floats to the top... in between you have all the "proper" clans.
    Disorder arises from order, Cowardice arises from courage, Weakness arises from strength - Sun Tzu
    Incubus Dragon |Ronin|
    Click me for Shogun 2 Custom Maps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast