Total War Forums

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official DX11 statement

Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Master and Commander CraigTW's Avatar

Default Official DX11 statement

Hi guys,

In the weeks since Total War: Shogun 2’s launch, we’ve been working super-hard to make the Shogun 2 experience as great as we can make it. As part of our long-term commitment to supporting the game, we’ve been making issues identified by members of our community our top priority.

So, we’re planning to roll out some fairly substantial fixes in the coming weeks and months. The first stage of this is Patch 2 which, we’re thrilled to announce, will also upgrade the engine to DirectX 11. This means those of you with DX11-capable cards will be able to access features such as hardware tessellation and enhanced shadowing. Patch 2 will also bring Anti-Aliasing support.

Since Shogun 2’s launch, we’ve been completely blown away by the success of multiplayer. However, the multiplayer issues many of you have identified require our thorough attention, so that’s a really big priority as well. You can expect a raft of multiplayer fixes and modifications in Patch 2, and beyond.

You’ll appreciate that all this takes a lot of time and testing, and while we’re working as hard as we can, we may not quite make the 2-4 week post-launch window that we’d originally hoped to hit. We’re aiming to get patch 2 to you in the first week of May though, so not long to wait now.

Thanks for your ongoing patience, and please bear with us!

Craig

Senior Member Corporal

What about single player fixes? Again thanks for the wonderful work that TW team has done so far.

Countdown begins... Again! Keep up the good work boys.

Senior Member Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    You’ll appreciate that all this takes a lot of time and testing, and while we’re working as hard as we can, we may not quite make the 2-4 week post-launch window that we’d originally hoped to hit. We’re aiming to get patch 2 to you in the first week of May though, so not long to wait now.

Thanks for your ongoing patience, and please bear with us!
    "may not" sounds more like "definitely won't", given the new May target is several weeks outside it

I'm patient.

Personally I care waaaaaay more about sorely needed single player fixes than I do about DX11 - such as the broken siege AI (attacking reinforcements standing in place, attacking units don't use destroyed gates, defending units ignore the Tenshu, defending archers don't move aggressively enough, autoresolve ignores the effect of walls, campaign AI launches suicidal siege assaults when it should besiege.)

Hopefully the team isn't *just* working on multiplayer and graphics.

Thanks for giving us an update on progress. Please give us more progress updates, more often
    Last edited by Dogthinker; 04-14-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Junior Member Private

Excellent news, muchly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    Hi guys,

we may not quite make the 2-4 week post-launch window that we’d originally hoped to hit

Craig
    wtf!!! you MAY not make it. dude. the deadline was 2 days ago. so no you didn't make it. and your AIMING to get it out in the first week. how on earth can you exceed a deadline so much? instead of 2-4 weeks it's now 7-8 weeks?? it makes no sense at all.

but hey who cares. we were only PROMISED dx11 2-4weeks after launch.

secondly. congrats on shogun being a big MP hit. i really mean that. but speaking for those of us who aren't in to MP please don't forget the singleplayer. in my mind that comes first. even before dx11.

Senior Member Corporal -DS-empire's Avatar

@ snake
    2 to 4 weeks behind launch date = 15 april. 4 weeks = 15 april

Senior Member Sergeant-Major

Just to recapitulate the DX11 (AA) saga:
    - First it was a patch on release date
    - Then it was 2-4 weeks after release
    - Now it's 8 weeks after release
    I think somebody is wishing that he had never touched DX11, lol. In that case we would at least have some AA.

Junior Member Private

So...NOOOO there is no countdown...again for me...cause I will take the liberty of being prudent with the once again...and new official time frame release...so I will wait and see ..and hopefully will see a boost in the performance cause now with my GPU 6970 2Gb CPU i-2500k ..especially when I siege Kyoto my FPS it's between 16-19 ..so ...blaahhh ..but it's more that sure AMD's failure to provide a proper driver that will boost up the performance..and thinking of that..make sense 1-st week of May the patch with DX11 ..cause usually AMD releases the drivers towards the end of the month ( see 11.4 early preview released the 29-03-2011). Thank you Craig you are really courageos to share the info with the angry mob .

Senior Member Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by -DS-empire View Post
    @ snake
    2 to 4 weeks behind launch date = 15 april. 4 weeks = 15 april
    The Game released on the 15th of March. Four weeks after the 15th of March was the 12th of April. There's only one month a year that's only four weeks long, and it's not March

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast