Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: do i need an internet connection for single player campaign of empire total war ?

Junior Member Private

Default do i need an internet connection for single player campaign of empire total war ?

hello i have just got empire and napolion total war for pc but the back of the box says needs an internet connection for useing the game for steam is this only for internet ?? but ui do not have internet on my pc that i am getting but am i still able to play single player campaign ?

many thanks ghost1815

Senior Member Field-Marshall Napoleon 2nd's Avatar

You need steam. You do not have to play online. You can play Steam in offline mode.
    'It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the ones who are the most adaptable to change' Charles Darwin

But I have a thing for cannon...

Senior Member Sergeant dominator920's Avatar

No you will not be able to install the games without downloading Steam. So yes you need a internet connection, but once the games installed and registerd with Steam and eveything goes okay then you should be able to play the game without internet.
    So to answer your question, Yes you will need and internet connection. The day of popping in a cd and installing it and playing it is officially over for TW ;.(

Senior Member Field-Marshall Napoleon 2nd's Avatar

Alas poor setup, i knew thee well.....
    'It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the ones who are the most adaptable to change' Charles Darwin

But I have a thing for cannon...

Junior Member Private

Quote Originally Posted by dominator920 View Post
    No you will not be able to install the games without downloading Steam. So yes you need a internet connection, but once the games installed and registerd with Steam and eveything goes okay then you should be able to play the game without internet.
    So to answer your question, Yes you will need and internet connection. The day of popping in a cd and installing it and playing it is officially over for TW ;.(
    When I deployed to Iraq, I did not anticipate this. I envisioned laying on my cot at night, headphones on, playing my total war, escaping from the ****ty reality I was in, not ever thinking I'd need an internet connection to get started!

I think people who live in a corporate air conditioned world are so out of touch with the rest of the world that they honestly think every person with a computer will have internet access. it's not a f*ck you mentality, they just honestly can't wrap their heads around the idea that there are people who don't or can't go online. It should have been a huge red label at the very least on the front of the box.
    This why I am just now playing empire, back in the states... I've owned the game for a year.
    Thanks.

Senior Member Lieutenant Batavus's Avatar

@WolvesInTheThroneRoom

It could be worse: for Assassin's Creed 2, players need to have a Permanent Broadband Internet Connection.
    No darn samurai ever won a war by dying honourably. He won it by letting the other poor samurai die honoroubly.

Napoleon Total War: France Vs. Oldenburg NEW
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=talR3UZGt8M

Shogun 2 Total War: Chaos At Sea
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRPkLPJbAr8

Moderator Master and Commander dge1's Avatar

Once installed you will have no problem playing, whether online or off-line. Keep in mind though, if you are a Stats Person, that off-line will not roll up into anything. Not a big deal, IMO, but it is to some people.
    A people without history is like wind on the buffalo grass - Sioux Proverb.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. - Plato

+ Reply to Thread