Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum or Roma Surrectum?

Junior Member Private

Default Europa Barbarorum or Roma Surrectum?

Hello all,

I'm a long time fan of the RTW series, but I would like to experience some of the mods. Which of these two mods would you personally recommend? I really like the history aspect of the game, and after researching both mods, I am undecided. Which one do you like better?

Also, I like to use cheats to make the game more fun. Do these mods allow you to use the same cheats from RTW?

Thanks in advance guys!

Shireknight

I would love to recommend Europa Barbarorum but I can't because the installation is a total mess, the EB team spent years creating this mod and then fell at the last hurdle by making it practically impossible to install by anyone that isn't already experienced in modding. If you do decide to try it out then you will need to download and install the main programme then a couple of patches and then some hotfixes. It was hoped that a member of the team would at some point collect all the parts together and make a simple installer for use by everyone but unfortunately it never happened.

Roma Surrectum 2 is due out any day now and they have taken the opposite approach where they are including a proper installer to insure that their mod is accessible to everyone so if you decide to go for the RS series then I strongly recommend you wait for the mark 2 version.

Out of the two series I would have to recommend RS as thanks to the complicated installation process EB (for me) has turned out to be a buggy and unstable mod on the occasions I have tried to install it.

Senior Member General luckylimburger's Avatar

I'm using EB right now. Didn't have any problem with the installation and I haven't found a bug yet. It truly is a great mod. I haven't tried RS though.

Senior Member Lieutenant Knight Templar's Avatar

I have tried EB, and its simply awesome.

I'll be trying RS2 when it comes out.

Junior Member Private

Thanks for the replies guys!

I couldn't find a download of EB that would seed on my computer (first time modder), so I just decided to download RS1.6. I figure I would get version 2.0 when it comes out, but last night I was really dying to play! So far, RS is really awesome and the idea of recruiting specific legions is great.

Anyway, thank you all for your input!

Senior Member Corporal soxfan96's Avatar

I really liked EB and i never had any problem with installation, but i never tried RS.

Senior Member Colonel IBlewaFuse's Avatar

I Like RS more than I like EB. RS I find is more enjoyable.

Senior Member Sergeant-Major super_newbie_pro's Avatar

Shireknight

Played RS2 today It's excellent and incredibly easy to install. It's much better than EB however it's rumoured that an EB2 is also in the works and I have no doubt the team will be having a good look at RS2 to make sure they overtake them again lol -just hope they make a newbie friendly one this time.

Junior Member Private

what about using cheats?

and will it play on the RTW for Mac?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast