Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer - what we're working on next!

Member Private

CA, please don't work on any other new game, just fix the bugs first ...

Senior Member Sergeant-Major JacquestheApostate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legolas View Post
    CA, please don't work on any other new game, just fix the bugs first ...
    You took the words out of my mouth. Best post in this thread.
    Listen to the people who buy the game!
    Gun Cav in ShII must have retainers in order to use them in Avatar Campaign.
    Rome II multiplayer battles too arcade, use Shogun II UI.
    Plug pullers epitomize what a true loser is and always will be.
    Shogun II Avatar Campaign is the most fun I have had with Total War games.

Junior Member Private

Suggestion:
    I think Total War combat / melee multiplayer has a good chance to become world most popular esport (greater than Blizzard Starcraft / Warcraft series). What CA/SEGA must do is:
    - separate multiplayer combat from all Total War series and create a new team multiplayer rts game, without the map based strategy game.
    - players can choose battle based on TW series: medieval, shogun, empire, etc.
    - for each game, players can build their own army based on a fixed points/money.
    - there are 2 army, each can be played by upto 4 players as team (likely: left wing, center, right wing, and reserve).
    - lower resolution is acceptable, to maximize number of units in the field.
    - there are 4 basic battle framework:
    1. frontal assault (same points and ballance teritorial advantage for all team),
    2. attacker/defender (1 team attacking with greater points, while the other team defend their ground for limited time),
    3. castle/town siege,

This Total War - Real Combat Simulation will be a great hit in gaming community. The major esport for the next couple of decade.

Member Lance Corporal

Can you sort of our levels though, level 10's are common, I wanted a 2v2 with my mate, never mind the connection problem that kicked him, I had to face 2 level 10's at level 0! I haven't played since

Quote Originally Posted by mudy View Post
    Suggestion:
    I think Total War combat / melee multiplayer has a good chance to become world most popular esport (greater than Blizzard Starcraft / Warcraft series). What CA/SEGA must do is:
    - separate multiplayer combat from all Total War series and create a new team multiplayer rts game, without the map based strategy game.
    - players can choose battle based on TW series: medieval, shogun, empire, etc.
    - for each game, players can build their own army based on a fixed points/money.
    - there are 2 army, each can be played by upto 4 players as team (likely: left wing, center, right wing, and reserve).
    - lower resolution is acceptable, to maximize number of units in the field.
    - there are 4 basic battle framework:
    1. frontal assault (same points and ballance teritorial advantage for all team),
    2. attacker/defender (1 team attacking with greater points, while the other team defend their ground for limited time),
    3. castle/town siege,

This Total War - Real Combat Simulation will be a great hit in gaming community. The major esport for the next couple of decade.
    I've always said that the sad thing is the potential this game has in MP. I agree with almost everything you've said. But CA would have to spend years on a game with 4 different eras. One would be preferable. But indeed, a separate game would be the way to go.

Senior Member General spicykorean's Avatar

haha this game has some built-in anti-esport mechanics that would completely prevent it from being spectator friendly. Apart from obscurity, there are plenty of reasons why shogun videos don't have many views.

Junior Member Private

you must fix desyncs. It kills this game. Hours of playing are lost when it desyncs. If you really can't fix the problem, then the hack/fix of copying multiplayer files should happen automatically when a desync is detected. Also a desync should be searched for after every battle, action, or event. Desyncs can persist for several turns if no battles are fought, making them much more difficult to track down.

You're losing a lot of fans. I bet if another game similar to this were produced, you'd be hard pressed to keep your current fans loyal for long. PLEASE increase the quality of your releases, not the quantity.

Junior Member Private

Quote Originally Posted by ****ykorean View Post
    haha this game has some built-in anti-esport mechanics that would completely prevent it from being spectator friendly. Apart from obscurity, there are plenty of reasons why shogun videos don't have many views.
    I think the game is fun to watch being played but that's because I play it and understand a little bit of what's going on. I think the meta-game being played between two players looks exactly like top layer player. Its hard to distinguish the Minutiae of the game in time of success or failure if you have not spent a little bit of time with the game. However I think with more spec tools and a bit more explanation in the UI as well as some excellent commentary (which is there; the community is quality) and it could blow up e-sport style.

The amount of changes needed to get the MP-part working properly is just too much to get done here, to write a few points and think, thats it, is just a joke and shows, that those kind of people have no clue whats really going on.

This gametype never ever will make it to a good Game for the masses, its nothing you will play when you have 60 min of free time.
    The imbalance ist extreme, you had to cancle 70-90% of the content to even make it possible to balance it.

You cant allow special units with different abilities, nor the different clanskills. If you play a good MP-game, like SC or WC3, than you need like 2-3 mins as new player to get into a MP game and you have the same chance (apart from experience) as the other players.
    In TW, at this stage, you need like 100-120 hours of playtime (as experienced player, if you are new you need 3 times as much) to get you units whith some experience, so you have at least a small chance.

The same time, the MatchMaker is not working, it was obvous, that after the initial hyp, the new player would be "fecked", since they fight against lvl 10 fulltime.

The game design dont work for MP. You have to cut the game down to a lvl, where everyone has the same chance.
    As you can see, i didnt spoke about the real gamebalance, which is a real big problem, but I wont start to speak about scouting range, LOS for missles, fatige penalties, support circles, routing points.... you get it.

Member Lance Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Kocmoc View Post
    The amount of changes needed to get the MP-part working properly is just too much to get done here, to write a few points and think, thats it, is just a joke and shows, that those kind of people have no clue whats really going on.

This gametype never ever will make it to a good Game for the masses, its nothing you will play when you have 60 min of free time.
    The imbalance ist extreme, you had to cancle 70-90% of the content to even make it possible to balance it.

You cant allow special units with different abilities, nor the different clanskills. If you play a good MP-game, like SC or WC3, than you need like 2-3 mins as new player to get into a MP game and you have the same chance (apart from experience) as the other players.
    In TW, at this stage, you need like 100-120 hours of playtime (as experienced player, if you are new you need 3 times as much) to get you units whith some experience, so you have at least a small chance.

The same time, the MatchMaker is not working, it was obvous, that after the initial hyp, the new player would be "fecked", since they fight against lvl 10 fulltime.

The game design dont work for MP. You have to cut the game down to a lvl, where everyone has the same chance.
    As you can see, i didnt spoke about the real gamebalance, which is a real big problem, but I wont start to speak about scouting range, LOS for missles, fatige penalties, support circles, routing points.... you get it.
    Agreed. People who have a competitive gaming background will see the balancing issues of this game. One of the biggest problem with this game is the RPG style mechanic it has for multiplayer. You should never have something like this especially for RTS games. Look at all the other big name RTS games, even the MOBA games like Dota 2 and LoL. None of them have extensive upgrading systems like the Avatar system.

Competitive players will always steer clear from games like Shogun 2, especially those who play a lot of Dota, SC2 etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast