Total War Forums

Closed Thread

Thread: Someone tell me why console cheats have been left out?

Junior Member Private

Default Someone tell me why console cheats have been left out?

I just bought napoleon (not having played total war since rome alexander)....and only when i'd paid £29.99 did i find out there was NO CONSOLE CHEAT MENU!!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous and because this irritated me so much i will not but shogun 2 unless they see the (massive) error of their ways.
    Judge me if you will but cheats give one a certain control and i for one actually only use them in certain cir***stances.
    I cannot explain in clear enough terms how much less money sega will make by doing this illogical backward step....I mean I have just thrown £30 down the drain. And yes this is only because i am being stubborn and refusing to play it now but sometimes people have just got to stick to their principles.
    Is there a way to contact the designers to beg them not to make the same mistake a THIRD TIME!!!?!!!! (apparently Empire total war didn't have console cheats either...~???????????????????????????????????????? ?????????!)
    Last edited by GameroftheAce; 09-22-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: typo

will u stop spamming every single board about this 1 topic!?! see my reply one one of ur other threads!

Moderator Master and Commander DenmarkRules's Avatar

It has been left out because the developers didn't need it. In Rome it was there because the developers needed it when testing. But the don't need it anymore. So there is a very logical explanation...

who wants to cheat in the game anyway. Cheating turns the game to rubbish. Just look at MW2 at all the hackers and cheaters on that.

Banned Private

@GameroftheAce

If you love that console cheat so much, why didn't you buy the next game in the franchise that came after Rome, meaning Medieval 2 Total War + the Medieval 2 Kingdoms expansion, because this was the last game in the franchise that had console cheat menu?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenNZ View Post
    who wants to cheat in the game anyway. Cheating turns the game to rubbish. Just look at MW2 at all the hackers and cheaters on that.
    I think you should leave the decision to the one who plays the game. If someone wants to use cheats, why not? As long as he does not cheat in multiplayer mode it doesn't disturb anyone else.
    But it is true that a console for cheating is not an essential part of the game.

@GameroftheAce: I don't know what cheat you are exactly looking for but if you want to have more money you can try a cheating tool like cheat engine: http://www.cheatengine.org/

Senior Member Corporal The Elephant King's Avatar
    riding my elephant down the street laughing at all my short neghbors hahaha

if u can only beat the ai with cheats y play? just saying
    Last edited by The Elephant King; 09-23-2010 at 12:38 AM. Reason: spelling

Moderator Master and Commander Hardwaremaster's Avatar

Duplicate Thread, and is being discussed elseware. Also the thread is spiraling down the drain.

Please discuss this topic in your original thread:
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...s-for-this-one!!

Thank you

Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    MikeB said: "Little horses are not epic. They are little"

""True redundancy is when you are writing a description to describe the word that describes the description you used to describe it." - Christopher Purches"

My PC: (2x 670GTX 4GB) (16GB DDR3 2133mhz) (I7 3770K OC 3.9Ghz) (256GB+128GB SSD+2TB drives)

"How on earth is a video game supposed to help you "feel the smell of ash"? Maybe CA could package some up with your disc." -Mackles

Closed Thread