Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: questions

Default questions

can napoleon, Blucher, and other 'major' generals as such. can they be killed? since in my campaign, napoleon took a 12(?) pounder in the face (directly. i was watched his unit in replay) and lived.. so. is they a way to kill them? i always seem to wound them...

also. i'm getting bored of playing as britain, austria, russia and prussia, as i've finished the coalition campaign with all of them. is it 'legal' to mod you folder/saves without steam making a fuss? i've done a little modding for etw. but it wasn't anything big...

is it possible (related to above) to make russia, prussia and austria along with other major factions have 1st rates (about: 100 guns ships)?
    "Those who are smart, ignore politics. Those who are intelligent, avoid power. But, those who are not any of them,run the world,become rich and important when it should be the other way around" - Matt Ellis

PS:
    English is my second language, so, sorry for any spelling mistakes...

Yes the Generals can be killed. However, it is very difficult. I had Bluecher get surrounded in hand to hand combat and was taken down. However, he went to the infimary and recovered and was ready for duty, in Berlin, 3 months later.
    For the appeasers back in the old country, Casa del Carthage was dangerously out of control!

Senior Member General The Weaver's Avatar

In one memorable campaign I killed Napoleon twenty times and he survived. I think it's a rare cross-over into fantasy. The leading generals in each faction are, in fact, vampires. That's why they wear those ridiculous hats - it's to stop the sunlight getting on their faces and burning them up. Notice Napoleon always wears a long grey coat into battle? Even in the desert? A dead (or should I say undead) give-away. It's only when you finally take that faction's last remaining city that your team of crack vampire slayers can storm the palace, find the coffin where the Undead General sleeps, and administer the requisite stake through the heart. I have a special team of Light Infantry for the purpose in each of my armies. When I'm playing the Brits I call it the Buffy Brigade. For all other factions, they're the Slayer Squad. But I'd really like to be able to take the Vampire Generals out with artillery before the end, so if anyone can come up with a howitzer mod that includes exploding holy water cannisters I'd be really grateful.

Junior Member Private

Default Djbbanka

How can I change the number of soldiers in the group in the game settings?

You can do this in the main menu settings.

Member Lance Corporal

I once had Napoleon standing next to my cannons. The cannons were locked in on an enemy unit group and when that unit routed they ran passing by Napoleon. I was not paying attention so the cannons turned and auto-shot with Napoleon standing at its nozzle! It was the wildest execution that Europe could have dreamed then.

+ Reply to Thread