Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stupid Missionarys

Junior Member Private

Default Stupid Missionarys

How dumb are the missionary in this game?

Ok so I was playing a U.S campaign and I was off the take control of Texas and the rest of the sub continet after taking the whole north of the Americas and I come across with missionarys preaching in thw wild. Missionary in the wild? Really? Jesus Christ what are they thinking. Some are Spanish some French and 1 of them English and it happens from time to time. I really don't understand, what do they get out of preaching there. And no they do not go through the wilderness to go to other places.

I will post a pic when I have the time.

Right now discuss or point out any of your views.

Yep welcome to the AI world. They will die off, or just build one of your churces in that territory and it will ever so slowly start destroying there stats. Its just a strategy the AI has hoping to get a rebellion in your territory.
    For the appeasers back in the old country, Casa del Carthage was dangerously out of control!

Senior Member Major-General Crazy Steve's Avatar

Yeah, the AI turned down the quality of Empire. The AI's agents in S2TW actually do something.

Moderator Master and Commander Sasu's Avatar

If it's any consolation, this is historically very accurate. The French missionaries, at least, were very active in the deep wilderness among the native population. They often disappeared to the wilderness for years and stayed among some very hostile tribes, including the Mohawks of the Iroquois.

Team Gunpowder

Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    When in doubt, check the stickies
    After every download, verify integrity of game cache

In Internet, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you're right.

Junior Member Private

Quote Originally Posted by Colfax View Post
    Yep welcome to the AI world. They will die off, or just build one of your churces in that territory and it will ever so slowly start destroying there stats. Its just a strategy the AI has hoping to get a rebellion in your territory.
    But the thing is no one owns the wilderness.

Post the Screen Shot. I would love to see this.
    For the appeasers back in the old country, Casa del Carthage was dangerously out of control!

+ Reply to Thread