Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shogun 2 and Windows 8.

Member Lance Corporal

Default Shogun 2 and Windows 8.

Anyone managed to make the game run on Windows 8? The game starts and i have the icon on the application bar but nothing appears neither in full screen or windowed.

Senior Member Sergeant Burma Jones's Avatar

LOL, k.
    "I accompanied the Duce to the station on the departure of Chamberlain. Chamberlain's eyes filled with tears when the train started moving and his countrymen began singing 'For He's a Jolly Good Fellow.' 'What is this little song?' the Duce asked."
    Galeazzo Ciano

"One should have insight into this world of dreams that passes in the twinkling of an eye."
    Hojo Shigetoki

Member Lance Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Burma Jones View Post
    LOL, k.
    What is there to laugh? A public beta of windows 8 has been released and I'm trying to make Shogun 2 work there.

Moderator Master and Commander Hardwaremaster's Avatar

Brand new OS, especially in Beta, it will be a while before there is support.
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    MikeB said: "Little horses are not epic. They are little"

"True redundancy is when you are writing a description to describe the word that describes the description you used to describe it." - Christopher Purches

My PC: (2x 980GTX 4GB) (32GB DDR3 2133mhz) (I7 5980E OC 4.5Ghz) (512GB SSD in RAID0+2TB storage drives)

"How on earth is a video game supposed to help you "feel the smell of ash"? Maybe CA could package some up with your disc." -Mackles

Member Lance Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwaremaster View Post
    Brand new OS, especially in Beta, it will be a while before there is support.
    Well 90% of games work. I was just looking for a trick to make the game work .

Junior Member Private

Default Windows 8 CP

I have the same problem with other games and Shogun 2. I have reinstalled Windows 7 to see if that fixes the problem.

It may have something to do with the latest graphics card drivers from Nvidia that Windows 8 update installed.

It's a nuisance but I enjoy testing new software. Will update you later.

Junior Member Private

Hi, I have the same problem since I buy and install fall of the samurai shogun 2 don’t longer work under Win8 has anyone a idea how I can fix this problem without to reinstall Win7?

Junior Member Private

Default Update

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyJAttard View Post
    I have the same problem with other games and Shogun 2. I have reinstalled Windows 7 to see if that fixes the problem.

It may have something to do with the latest graphics card drivers from Nvidia that Windows 8 update installed.

It's a nuisance but I enjoy testing new software. Will update you later.
    Still did not work! I suspect older video card drivers may help, new is not always better!

Junior Member Private pocahontas's Avatar
    St Georges Church, Gravesend Great Britain

For me prior to FotS using windows 7 vintage video drivers did the trick. Now, it does not.

Junior Member Private

how did you get the drives ( like is it a third party option, or can you get it through windows?)

+ Reply to Thread