Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Head to head, which is better? Ikko ikki or Shimazu? Any tips?

Member Lance Corporal

Default Head to head, which is better? Ikko ikki or Shimazu? Any tips?

Shimazu -
    Has Katana Samurai
    Is in good position

Ikko Ikki -
    Has Overpowered Monk armies
    Can Easily start revolts (Me and my partner is only playing with 1 Ikko Monk allowed as a rule, so no 10 monks starting revolts everywhere)
    Has 2 provinces.

We are playing on Hard difficulty.

Can anyone give me any tips? What should I do? I am playing as Shimazu, my partner is playing as Ikko Ikki. Head to head, Playing as AI is not allowed.

Senior Member Master and Commander Half Life Expert's Avatar

ikko have that advatnage of easy revolts, but on the battlefield, if you can rain down arrows on his monks before they can get into melee with your inf, you will stand a chance
    I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"Don't break the rules and you won't get banned, simple as that" -CraigTW on the HATG Thread

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

"A Strange Game. The only winning move is not to play"- W.O.P.R from Wargames (1983)

The WWI Thread: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...emed-total-war

My guess is that Ikko Ikki is "better",
    they got loanswords wich are very cost effective,
    only disadvantage is Moral, so you should conquer the near region with the shrine asap.

BTW 5 is the max for every tac unit (monks,ninja,metsuke)

@ half life expert

Don't forget they start with a smith and you can later Build the weaponary,
    so afaik +5 armor for a total of 7!
    Arrows wont bother the monks anymore...
    Last edited by Arilon; 11-01-2011 at 08:16 PM.
    それは変更することはできません

Member Lance Corporal

Hmm, I might convert to Christianity for instant matchlocks, so I will stand a chance when I encounter his armies.
    Is it a good idea?
    Anyone got any ideas of what I should specifically do as shimazu? Note that my partner is only allowed to have 1 Ikko monk on the field at a time.

im sure firearms will give you a great advantage agianst the ikko, just be sure to have some archer support as they generally have longer ranges than matchlocks
    I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"Don't break the rules and you won't get banned, simple as that" -CraigTW on the HATG Thread

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

"A Strange Game. The only winning move is not to play"- W.O.P.R from Wargames (1983)

Member Lance Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Half Life Expert View Post
    im sure firearms will give you a great advantage agianst the ikko, just be sure to have some archer support as they generally have longer ranges than matchlocks
    Hmm, okay. I will probably go with Bow heavy armies, with some matchlocks, with infantry units of Katana Samurais.

i would throw in a couple yari samurai (or yari ashigaru if its better for your budget)as well to help protect agianst any cavalry you may come across

i never rely on matchlocks, when i do use them, they are ether a support role or are backed up on all sides by archers
    Last edited by Half Life Expert; 11-01-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Member Lance Corporal

i would throw in a couple yari samurai (or yari ashigaru if its better for your budget)as well to help protect agianst any cavalry you may come across

i never rely on matchlocks, when i do you them, they are ether a support role or are backed up on all sides by archers
    Okay. What do you think I should to defend myself against the revolts?

well i recommend the school of thought i used when faced with endless christian revolts as shimazu:

have at the minimum 2-3 yari ashigaru and 2-3 bow ashigaru in your castles to back up your permanent garrisons

let the rebels attack and throw them back, when they are reeling (and if severly weakened) march out and destroy them

Member Lance Corporal

well i recommend the school of thought i used when faced with endless christian revolts as shimazu:

have at the minimum 2-3 yari ashigaru and 2-3 bow ashigaru in your castles to back up your permanent garrisons

let the rebels attack and throw them back, when they are reeling (and if severly weakened) march out and destroy them
    Okay, thanks for tip .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast