Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: The nation you love the most and/or play as the most.

Member Lance Corporal thatscoolman's Avatar

i definatly love the macdeonians for their awsoem light cav at begining campaign also i think their phalanxe are the best they have abunch of people in each unit and they're spears are almost the longest wich makes them devastating if in the right posistion to short speared phalanxes such as the greeks and carthaginaians

Senior Member Corporal crimson_shade's Avatar

you're sure they're better than greek phalanx? because i'll never believe that anyone can have a better phalanx unit stronger than spartan hoplites.
    • Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    • Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
    • Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.
    Sun Tzu

Member Lance Corporal Sparticus_reborn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by azndomin8tion View Post
    Greeks FTW!!!!!!
    Hoplites are unbeatable if you're skilled (and have merc cav LOL)
    Or have archers and pila...
    "These Barbarians lack the tactical refinement of our Legions" - Anonymous Roman General precluding an ambush.

Senior Member Captain TheImperatorofRome's Avatar

or artillery...

Senior Member Sergeant-Major Dreagon's Avatar

I personally really enjoyed playing as the Scipii, the Julii are fun too. I also had a very good time playing as Germania and Pontus.
    My Total War wishlist:

1: Reformation: Total War
    2: Victoria: Total War
    3: Dark Age: Total War

Junior Member Private TheCrusader's Avatar

all factions are good and bad,but I prefer People of PONTUS.

I played as Julii in short and long campaign,,and I manage to beat Rome and Egypt,,,, now I am trying to play as Seleucid,, I saw a big different from Julii to Seleucid and like a new challenge I think .. I am new in this game

I have played the rtw campaign with all factions, the ones I enjoyed most were:
    1. Carthage, really fun at the begin because you are fighting a naval based war vs rome, and you have lots of trade, but it becomes boring if you have already beaten the romans and egypt comes with giant skirmish armys, that are to overpowered in auto resolve so you have to do 20 battles against the same kind of armys in the libya region.
    2. Macedon, begining is easy fighting against the greeks, and possibility to expand north east or west.
    3. Seleucids, the start is quite hard when you are fighting with everyone, but when you beat them, the romans already expanded to far north to conquer them quikely.
    4. Brutii is also fun to play because you come across many different opponents, barbarian dacian, al the greek factions, the Egyptisch faction and later on the eastern factions.
    Last edited by pieter95; 04-04-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: grammar
    Fortune, which has a great deal of power in other matters but especially in war, can bring about great changes in a situation through very slight forces.
    Julius Caesar

The Seleucid Empire!

So many great units, phalanx, heavy infantry, cavalry, chariots and cream of the cake elephants (although I prefer chariots to ele due to replacement
    issues). The start is epic and even the levy pikemen can be deadly in right hands. And it's always so satisfying to mop floor with Egyptians.

Junior Member Private archer5869's Avatar

The Greek Cities for me, i absolutely love the units for them. They present a challenge too quite early on, because the Romans always have a vested interested in wiping me off the face of the Earth.
    Last edited by archer5869; 04-04-2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Mis-spell
    "Quotes found on the internet are often untrue" - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast