Total War Forums

Closed Thread

Thread: Confirmed hacker with replay

Junior Member Private

Default Confirmed hacker with replay

I went to a tryout recently, and im pretty sure the game wasnt rated. As odd as that sounds, in the middle of the game, it just says, "close defeat" and ends... and I lose rating.

I never resign, we were winning, this is some type of hack.

Also, is it possible to hack rated when game hosted was not rated? This I am not sure but pretty sure.

The record shows entire match and resign hack.

Ok, I found the replay

Edit - Link removed.

you have to copy and paste that into a browser, clicking the link will not work.

I had to upload it as a zip since close defeat hack.empire_replay would not allow download.

I have the original, this is hacks, I do not like losing rating this way. Please help
    Last edited by Dionysius the Mighty; 07-18-2012 at 04:52 AM.

Junior Member Private

why no reply? These hacks are ok?

anyone know name of hacks? I should google them and use them since they are allowed.

Member Lance Corporal

Its not that nobody agrees with you, these boards just look pretty dead, too dead for a reply i think.

Junior Member Private

still no reply? I guess the admins either missed this.. or were the ones cheating. No other explanation why this was ignored.

Junior Member Private

Quote Originally Posted by samshnne View Post
    still no reply? I guess the admins either missed this.. or were the ones cheating. No other explanation why this was ignored.
    Yeah that is exactly it, the admins of this board were the ones you were playing against, and they hacked you. *rolls eyes*

Member Lance Corporal

This sounds like an error, but if it was a hacker, they would most likely to be banned by VAC anti cheat very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleScope View Post
    This sounds like an error, but if it was a hacker, they would most likely to be banned by VAC anti cheat very soon.
    The game servers aren't VAC secure.

Feel free to check out my Steam guide on naval combat in E:TW

Junior Member Private

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonrook View Post
    Yeah that is exactly it, the admins of this board were the ones you were playing against, and they hacked you. *rolls eyes*
    Obviously its the admins and GM's that know of these issues, have been told many times, and do nothing about it.

Therefore I am to assume they are the cause of the problem.

That's like telling a police officer of a crime, and he helps cover it up.

The problem is the people enforcing the rules are NOT doing their job.

Thanks for the rude, ignorant, pathetic reply moron. Watch the replay and uninstall.

this game is garbage, so is the company.

Administrator and Co-Lead Moderator Master and Commander Dionysius the Mighty's Avatar

I think a quick reminder of the Terms and Conditions is called for here. Please note that it is against the forum Terms and Conditions to name and shame other players on these boards, even if you think they've been cheating. These forums and the forum staff have no control over the game, or the players, and sending abusive PMs to volunteer forum staff isn't going to achieve anything. The more recent Total War games make use of the VAC service, so users who cheat are likely to be caught by that. Otherwise these boards are not the place to discuss cheating in any form.

This thread is closed, and infraction points will be issued.

"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end." ~ Field Marshal Haig, order to British troops, 1918

Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions

Closed Thread