Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Big problem in clan competition!

Junior Member Private

Default Big problem in clan competition!

Greetings!

There is a problem in clan competition now. The problem is that some small clans (and some big clans too) are making a huge number of influence on the provinces for a quite short time. As far as I know, this become possible by breaking the connection before the battle starts, so all the players get a victory. They often use this opportunity in team games in all type of battles (land, sea, sieges) 2v2, 3v3 and even 4v4. This is especially noticeable in the first tier. The clan competition loses all meaning because of that. We propose to remove getting influence in team battles, or give the influence equal to 1v1 battle - this may partially solve the problem and the competition will be more honest. I ask all those who agree with this to support my proposal.
    This topic is no one blames cheating!
    It is designed to draw the attention of developers on a major problem in the fight against clans!

PLEASE moderators to deal with individual users, not subject to close, because the problem is not solved!

Moderator Master and Commander Billy Ruffian's Avatar

It strikes me that part of the problem is that, from what you're saying, both sides win if they drop before the battle starts. It means there is no incentive to play. At least if one side lost, even if both sides were from the same clan, there would be almost as many negative points as positive; so little gain made.
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions

Banned Sergeant-Major

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ruffian View Post
    It strikes me that part of the problem is that, from what you're saying, both sides win if they drop before the battle starts. It means there is no incentive to play. At least if one side lost, even if both sides were from the same clan, there would be almost as many negative points as positive; so little gain made.

Actually some dooder dropped in the top 100 ranks dropped me, turns out the host gets the win, the guest doesn't get a loss or a win but gets the skill points and loses his win streak.

Junior Member Private

Now very few people play in different kinds of rating fights. For example sea 2vs2, 3vs3 and 4vs4, the siege of a 2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4, land 3vs3 and 4vs4. This means that a clan can create 2 teams of 3 or 4 players and it will always fall on each other. Also, now when breaking the connection to the game to all participants of the fight is scored a victory and give the points of influence in the struggle of clans.
    Thus it is very easy to collect a large number of wins and points of influence in a very short period of time. This is a huge problem and it is easy to see, if you look at the development of clans fighting each season in the 1st league.
    Because of this problem, many powerful clans have lost interest in the struggle of clans, as an honest way to show their strength is impossible.
    Last edited by Sherrl; 12-28-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Senior Member Major-General Chris lol's Avatar

This topic makes me headdesk.

Its almost as if the community is finding out about drop hacking and stat whoring for the first time

Senior Member Corporal

Some of us dont study the arts of hackery.... Others clearly do. We don't like those people.... Boo. Stop hacking....

Senior Member Major-General exorgistis77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris lol View Post
    This topic makes me headdesk.

Its almost as if the community is finding out about drop hacking and stat whoring for the first time
    I clearly instructed you to start a new hmmmff 'serious' thread, still, you neglect your duties ! :P

As for the topic .I am not an expert in these matters but as AG is involved in a feud with 7s and Ho iam told by pepe and qwidium that the actual cheat is they simultaneously start a matchmade search and thus 2 teams of the same clan can play on matchmade.

Then, if i understood correctly they drop each other or something and get points like some other players mentioned before me. Also pepe told me of a short drop that they fast unplug and game loses connection but steam doesnt and while i dont know what that means exactly i know an awfully big percentage of games i play i get a victory message however! game crashes afterwards and later on after reload rank remains sometimes with a -1 and the adversary loses no rank whatsoever.

This is something i recently realized as me and qwi began a new team up in 2v2 and although we have only 3 losses we are listed in leaderboard with 9 (or more ) some high (first 5) rankers after losing they didnt..lose nadda while we gained no higher rank either.. This is a really troubling phenomenon that used to puzzle me as losses did seem to amass in 1v1 ladder without taking place and in large numbers i might add while gaining rank above 40 becomes exceedingly difficult despite the fact that i beat my higher ranked opponents repeatedly
    Last edited by exorgistis77; 12-29-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Senior Member Sergeant StrakerYrius's Avatar

Given that I hate cheats in games I don't think I'm going to bother trying out the clan competition any time soon.

Junior Member Private darkm1nd (AzureTW)'s Avatar

CA really need to do something with that. Because clan competition will turn to "cheat competition".

Senior Member Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by darkm1nd (AzureTW) View Post
    CA really need to do something with that. Because clan competition will turn to "cheat competition".
    thought it already was?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast