Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Total war shogun 2 keeps crashing and force restarting my computer during start-up

Junior Member Private

Default Total war shogun 2 keeps crashing and force restarting my computer during start-up

i have tried so many thing that people have posted both on steam's and sega's forums and nothing has worked at all I don't know if it's an installation problem or something else entirely I have authenticated the games files several times like steam recommends but it keeps coming up clean which is obvious bull s*** since my game keeps crashing/force restarting my computer also i downloaded it from steam if that matters.

I'm also attaching an EventViewer.txt file so maybe somebody can see whats wrong i couldn't post a dxdiag.txt file because it was to big but hopefully this will be enough

Event Problem.txt

Moderator Master and Commander Billy Ruffian's Avatar

Moved to Shogun 2 Support Forum

Please post the Dxdiag - use two or three posts if necessary. Also, if you can, please disable auto-reboot and post any error messages.
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions

Junior Member Private

I'm not exactly a techi type person just yet I didn't know where to look to disable auto-reboot and i guess to find an error message i'd have to disable auto-reboot, right?

DxDiag.txtDxDiag.txtDxDiag..txt

Junior Member Private

I don't know if this is what you meant by error message

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 124
    BCP1: 0000000000000000
    BCP2: FFFFFA80078AB8F8
    BCP3: 0000000000000000
    BCP4: 0000000000000000
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 768_1

Moderator Master and Commander Billy Ruffian's Avatar

Never mind the error message for the minute, I suspect that this may help http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...l=1#post292927
    If that doesn't help then http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...l=1#post119891
    If you get stuck let us know.
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions

Junior Member Private

ok i clicked the 1st link downloaded the 1st item but i don't know what to do on the 2nd link
    "2)Fix the core parking
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2646060"

Junior Member Private

ok so i tried the 1st link you posted i believe i did everything correctly and my game still crashes

so i went ahead and clicked the 2nd link you posted and followed the instructions and my automatic restart was never on in the 1st place

also is it possible for somebody on your side that can do a remote assistance thing to help me out with this cause i'm having a hard time following some of this

Tech-Hero. Master and Commander Iscaran's Avatar

You install update 1 from microsoft.

Then reboot. Then install update 2 from microsoft. Then reboot.

Then run microsoft update and install any other missing critical and any optional updates referring to stability/compatibility/performance update or DirectX, .NET Framework or Visual C++. (Repeat reboot + update until no new items are found)

EDIT: You may still need a BIOS update from your mainboards manufacturer !
    Iscaran

Hero.

If you need help with a support request on these boards please read this and follow the instructions.

Junior Member Private

guys i juss brought shogun 2 total war gold edition and cant play due to my pc resetting right after i choose which direct x to use on the load screen .. also i played the game once through torrents and did sumting using command prompt that is bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500, in order to play the crack version cause the game would crash after 4 to 5 turns .. but wen i entered it .. that's when the crack version stopped playing .. so i brought the game original ..
    that is the gold edition and still the same thing is happening .. plz help

+ Reply to Thread