Total War Forums

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Comment on Pre-Order exclusives and DLCs

Moderator Master and Commander Sasu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KERA View Post
    Hi, the only one, if am not wrong... If i´m then please tell me The only DLC that i atleast think that i dont have is that special France unit in Napoleon, those kanon units.. Forgot there name.. but if some one could help up.. i do believe they know wish one i know. I´m not sure that this unit as been relesed... But as far i know...expect that France Napoleon Total War unit i have everyone

BR AN.
    Hopefully this answers your question: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...eleased-as-DLC

Team Gunpowder

Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    When in doubt, check the stickies
    After every download, verify integrity of game cache

Fickle is the lady Fora

Related yet not.. is that war room thing ever going to be reopened?
    And is Fall going to be integrated into Shogun 2 for people who already have that (Ive read it will be but just makeing sure..)
    Also I'll gladly add the 2 other factions packs from Fall (preordered mine on steam) and the preorder Napoleon units (through steam of course) if and when they eventually become available

I don't know if I have those elite regiment units? I bought the Empire/napoleon edition
    Last edited by WolfSoul; 01-28-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Junior Member Private

Im planing to pre-order from amazon but i realy hope to see the other as a separate DLC later on.And i would be realy disapointed if the pre order units from napoleon dont come out soon or ever .

Senior Member Sergeant-Major

The players have a legit concern about the release of the other special pre-order units in FotS. Many of the best pre-order units for NTW never came out as a DLC so why should they trust you now? If a unit or faction is deemed a pre-order item thats fine. At least give me the opportunity to buy it later. I would not mind the extra cost. And regardless of that stupid poll you will sell a lot more than you think. Releasing this stuff for a price would make the players happy(Scots Greys) and you happy(money)!

Senior Member Sergeant

1- Exclusivity increases pre-orders. When you get something unique for pre-ordering, you're more likely to do it.
    2- Pre-orders increase sales directly.
    2a- Retailers often receive quantities related to their pre-order rate. This means more product available for sale.
    2b- Lack of a pre-order makes it easier to miss a release date, which translates into a missed or delayed sale.
    3- Sales go into the development house which enables them to continue producing content for their consumers.

This is as straightforward as you can make it. Exclusives help consumers by driving sales that can be used to create more content and games.

Quote Originally Posted by KERA View Post
    Hi there, Yes that is what i and many are thinking and truly want to buy a complete set box with all those 3 dlc special clans, and poster and sound track.. that is on Steam. I dont understand why they cannot make a huge Special ediditon box once again like they did with Napoleon Medieval and Shogun 2 etc etc?

Btw didnt understand the "Kawagoe" Have i missed out something lately Andyana?

BR AN.
    The battle of Kawagoe was a bonus with one of the preorders, not sure which one, but for a Japanese history buff like myself it would be great to see it released. I remember the days of Shogun 1 where you got a monstrous amount of interlinked historical campaigns to play through, which were really fun! Us historical enthusiasts have to take our fun where we can

Senior Member Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Sasu View Post
    Hopefully this answers your question: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...eleased-as-DLC
    Ohhh Tervee kittos kittos, was a while i saw you And cheers for the link + more info, was missing out more DLC units then i self thought lol, it's not so strange as i bought as many DLC at Steam + CA relesed some for free due to those who ordered the Special box, i got the HMS Elephant (ship) But didnt knew that there was so many more missed out? And yes i do believe after for some while that the units should be released sooner or later. For those who play MP to ballance it and for those who love to sitt down with a cold beer on a weekend after work and just finaly Train those special elite units.. and ROle play with em to keep em alive and gain xp lvl. Cheers m8 ^.^

BR AN.
    I´m one of the happy few whom never bought Rome 2

BR AN.

Junior Member Private

maybe some deeper information about one of the pre order factions (there are 3 of them) so they can help me decide better which type of pre purchase to take. for example telling which special units each faction has. that makes it interesting i have no valuable information now about the pre order content in my opinion

Moderator Master and Commander DenmarkRules's Avatar

The official TW Facebook-page says the journalists will begin to release information in the 2nd february. You might want to wait a little for some more info

"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS

MERP House. (Mangrove and Earwig Republican Party).

I don't like Japan-based games so can you make some more DLC with British and French units/ships?
    "The country that does not respect its own army will one day learn to respect someone else's" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast