Total War Forums

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Comment on Pre-Order exclusives and DLCs

Senior Member Sergeant-Major JacquestheApostate's Avatar

Not having read everybody's post on this thread I will say thanks for the heads up.

I am sure to pre-order once the original gets crucial fixes in the next patch. Why would I buy a game which could potentially have the same issue's.
    Listen to the people who buy the game!
    Gun Cav in ShII must have retainers in order to use them in Avatar Campaign.
    Rome II multiplayer battles too arcade, use Shogun II UI.
    Plug pullers epitomize what a true loser is and always will be.
    Shogun II Avatar Campaign is the most fun I have had with Total War games.

Senior Member Corporal S2totalwarfan's Avatar

thanks guys really appreciate the response and respect the decisions
    total war titles really are the greatest strategy games and although i would love to be able to have all 3 bonus clans i can live without 2 of them and still hope to get them in a later DLC release
    CA FTW!!
    no good night im going to bed its 1:00 am
    The Uesugi Clan is looking for loyal recruits that are willing to fight for the clan in multiplayer battles, to strive for dominance and be the most powerful clan of japan. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/uesugi_clan

Junior Member Private

release the Battle of Kawagoe as dlc too.

Junior Member Private

possible to list down the missing unit names?

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysius the Mighty View Post
    Nice info there Jack, although there is one follow up question that I and many others would like you to ask;

When, if ever, are we likely to see the missing Napoleon Total War units released?

Currently NTW players are missing between two and eight units that were Napoleon's pre order incentives. These units require pretty much zero development work because they already exist, they just need to be bundled into a pack like ETW's Special Forces and Pre Order DLC. I know a lot of people are uneasy about pre ordering Fall of the Samurai because of their experience of Napoleon's unreleased pre order content, certainly for me, the thought that the content I don't choose now will never be available again actually makes my choice of which to get a lot harder.

Moderator Master and Commander DenmarkRules's Avatar

Pre-order units:
    Scots Grey (Cavalry unit)
    HMS Elephant (ship)
    Towarczys (Cavalry unit)
    Grand Battery of the Convention (Cannon)

Elite regiments:
    5e Hussards (France)
    8th Life (Prussia)
    47th (Czech) Regiment (Austria)
    88th Foot (Great Britain)
    Pavlograd Hussars (Russia)

"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Interesting explanation.
    One important question was missing:

Why sell multiplayer-power-boost for money?

That scratch gamebalance, divide community in those who have DLC powerups and those who haven`t.
    Who want to be competitive in Avatar Multiplayer Conquest, has to buy the powerup DLC.

The latest patch gladly for Shogun 2 cut it down a bit. Naginata Warriormonk Cav (Capped). Especial retainers like: World Weary, Way of Ikko Ikki, Rennios Teachings.
    Without those power ups, we wouldnt have such a long way of complaining in the forums and no Caps for Loanswords either.
    Last edited by Yoritomo; 01-24-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    You want successfully arty camp in deploy zone? Go ahead and get your win.

Senior Member Field-Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by RyuShinEX View Post
    release the Battle of Kawagoe as dlc too.
    I second that!

Senior Member Corporal VersionLangley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted
    ...we believe they should always enhance the experience rather than be some sort of ‘I-win’ button
    Like Yoritomo said, I have a bit of a problem with this as completely fault, as you do know that every dlc released for shogun 2 has affected the game in significant way that give the "I-win" button to players who bought them.

Ikko-ikki. the rampage of Loan Sword, then monks cav, yari ash
    Sengoku jidai dlc: the rampage of heavy gunner. Currently gunner cav and Long yari ash simply kill classic MP
    RotS: Very large effect on land battle even now with its dirt cheap supporting units. Huge effect on naval battle that you simply can't win using a standard S2 fleet vs someone who own the RotS dlc.

Those are the "I-win" button that you give player who bought the dlc now. Those without those dlc simply have no chance to compete in MP. It force players to pay for them, and without it, the original $50 is wasted. Those released dlc mutilated MP and a lot of veterans left Shogun 2 because of them
    Last edited by VersionLangley; 01-24-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Banned Private

,, Heroes of Napoleonic Wars " and pre-order units for Napoleon and the Battle of Kawagoe for Shogun 2 ! CA do it !

Senior Member Corporal

I wonder if there are answers still on to know. Many friends and family members of family members and there friends lol. Wanted me to ask this to CA.

Is it possible, or is it allready done in the company Sega-CA and others, that the contract for sales is done and they are allready mass producing it for shiping in a month or so just before March...

To only sale that normal FotS version with out the "one special clan dlc" And the other box to only get you to those 1 of of those 3 clans that have been said out earlier on many sites comercial.

Or is it possible still that you can create a new sale boxes like:

1# Normal FotS dvd BOX with "out" any special DLC units. In shops stores.

2# Limited edition of FotS, Pick one special DLC Clan at Steam or Sega site when buying it digital.

3# And the uber Special huge collection includes music posters and all clans DLC 3 ??? <--- Because thats the one of many in my area would love to buy at first, and not the number 1 and 2 that i stated on top as only an exempel "CA"

And the last queastion.. Will the 3 dlc be sold out later on "Steam" ? If so when, how long do the fans and customers need to wait till it´s decided to do so by those who decide this things?

Thank you before hand and i hope the answers will come, some day if possible, Continues Good luck everyone at CA.

BR AN.
    I´m one of the happy few whom never bought Rome 2

BR AN.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast