Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Comment on Pre-Order exclusives and DLCs

Quote Originally Posted by lord_al View Post
    I would like him to answer this question.

Why pay full price and preorder a Total war game that has multiple bugs some game breaking when you can buy it for half price or less 9 months later and still have the same problems?
    It's obvious: to start playing at Day 1.
    But still you can wait for his answer )

Moderator Master and Commander daelin4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dusan View Post

Second question is about Game release date. Why did you bring Shogun in april when it wasn t finish completely and after that got many bad comments from fans, and took you one or two months to get it wright.
    Production deadline. If you go to your boss and say you need more money because you want more time to finish all the polish, you get fired.

So instead you finish it as is, and spend post-release time to fix whatever you might have missed.

Believe it or not, the current system works. You either get people complaining that the game they're enjoying has kinks, or you get a lot of people complaining about when the game's going to come out. DNF's an extreme example.

The people who invest the money into these things prefer the developers stick to projected deadlines, and ditch anything deemed unnecessary prior to release. They're not going to tell them "Oh its OK take ten years and X millions of cash to make it all polished and perfect." Because it doesn't bring back any money.

And let's face it, the game is considered by many to be incomplete, yet they still bought the game. That simply means unrealistic expectations were not met, and CA now has time to focus on dealing with bugs rather than a project deadline.
    Last edited by daelin4; 01-23-2012 at 10:22 PM.
    Total War Terms and Conditions
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    Total War: ROME II Political Guide
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code][code] in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by DenmarkRules View Post
    What game breaking bugs? I have very very few bugs and certainly none that is game-breaking.
    Well Empire had a gamebreaking siege bug that never got fixed, where a breach in the wall caused lagg that exponentially increased, which can only be prevented sometimes.

And right now Shogun 2 has a semi-gamebreaking bug right now, where certain castle levels have missing walls, and the fortress flag is somewhere outside the fortress itself so that ai ends up taking the castle just by sitting there.

Also a few other annoying ones.

Moderator Master and Commander DenmarkRules's Avatar

We're talking Shogun 2 here, not Empire.

The wall bug which you're mentionen has been reported to CA which has actually confirmed it will be fixed. I have never noticed it myself though, just as I've never seen nor heard about the bug you're talking about with the flag outside the walls.
    Also, I would love to hear the other annoying ones

In my opinion Shogun 2 has been one of the most stabile and polished games in TW history. I never have crashes, can run with quite good graphics even though my computer is several years old. Admit it, the Warscape engine is awesome, and for every game that comes out CA manages to optimize and polish it to almost perfection. I just say, very good job CA. I've never had a game that worked so smooth as Shogun 2.
    Last edited by DenmarkRules; 01-23-2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Seems I hit the swearfilter. Didn't even know it was considered swearing :p

"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Senior Member Major-General Crazy Steve's Avatar

Appreciate the response from CA, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by DenmarkRules View Post
    We're talking Shogun 2 here, not Empire.

The wall bug which you're mentionen has been reported to CA which has actually confirmed it will be fixed. I have never noticed it myself though, just as I've never seen nor heard about the bug you're talking about with the flag outside the walls.
    Also, I would love to hear the other annoying ones

In my opinion Shogun 2 has been one of the most stabile and polished games in TW history. I never have crashes, can run with quite good graphics even though my computer is several years old. Admit it, the Warscape engine is awesome, and for every game that comes out CA manages to optimize and polish it to almost perfection. I just say, very good job CA. I've never had a game that worked so smooth as Shogun 2.
    Never said that Shogun 2 was unplayably buggy, I agree, it is the most stable and bug free one yet, however it still has its problems.

Sometimes I do have trouble with units listening to my orders, and ranged units have to be in perfect formation before firing, etc.

I wish that when you tell double click when using ranged attacks, it will tell the units to not bother with formation and to start firing immediately.

Also, it seems that the player is the only one affected by RD, you never see the AI get RD against them, also its ridiculous for people at war with the shogunate already to ally with them just to declare war on you :\

Also the AI has a few 'derps' sometimes too.

but agreed that CA and TW is awesome and I hope they continue their great work
    Last edited by Hyzoran; 01-24-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Member Lance Corporal misterbaggins's Avatar

I would like to know if there will be a Limited Edition of FOTS for the United States? The reason I ask is that I like to have a hard copy or DVD of the game. I really don't like digital download. I like having the cd/dvd of all the games that I purchase.
    Last edited by misterbaggins; 01-26-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Member Lance Corporal

I was referring to the Multiplayer Campaign mostly; the wall bug is more of an annoyance. Yes I remember playing Day 1 getting through half a campaign about 5-6 hours worth only to get a desync. Funny thing is I can still do that 9 months later Of course the really funny thing is I convinced my friend to buy it based on the co-op feature.......

Seriously if you can answer I will be amazed!

Go Total War! Go CA! mmmmmmmmmmmm
    i5 2500k
    MSI 560 TI 1GB
    1TB 7200 HD
    4GB RAM

Senior Member Captain Face-sploder's Avatar

I loev it, great initiative. Personally, I'm going to wait it out like I did with Shogun 2 until we get more details on the clan bonuses rather then just descriptions of what they do. Something like knowing exactly what units it affects and such would really be great, and I also want to know what kind of effect muskets and ninja's will have on the game. Knowing just how large the trade bonus is would be nice as well.

If no more details are released, I'll probably go with the limited edition since I loved guns in shogun 2 and I couldn't live without my Otomo mod.

EDIT: I also forgot to ask, will the limited edition be available outside the UK? I live in Canada so I'm wondering if I could get it there.

Senior Member Corporal CaesarII's Avatar

This is all pretty obvious info. If the people asking these questions actually used their nogen and applied some common sense they could probably work out these answers for themselves. A lot of people don't stop to think that game developers are a business first and without a profit there would be no future titles. In stead they go around moaning like all these developers owe them something. It's this ignorant selfish thinking that leads to pirating.
    Anyway it's nice to see a developer trying to be transparent and always good to see official words in the forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast