Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2: Rise of Caesar/DLC/Expansion Pack

Junior Member Private Emperor Dowley's Avatar

Default Rome 2: Rise of Caesar/DLC/Expansion Pack

now yes there are hundreds of ideas towards Rome 2 total war. But i haven't read anything about Caesar. During the period of Julius Caesar alot happened from invasion of Gaul to Mark Anthony and Cleopatra.. There have been a few mods which involve Caesar, pompei etc, and there all great. But I want to see a Caesar campaign made by the total war franchise.

There could be so much potential from it, if its made historically accurate from when the campaign starts you could have alot to do, from politics with the senate, rebellion with Brutus, and pompei etc, to the barbarians in the north, and Egypt in the south. so much fun could be had with it. even to the death of Caesar it could still continue with Anthony in Egypt and octavian.

This is just a small idea which could be used if they create rome 2. which also is highly anticipated. We are i believe really want rome 2 to be the next game, they cant really go any further into our history, they should head back in time to rome or greece even egypt. so much more to do with the ancient times.

What do you guys think of Rome 2 with caesar campaign, or do you have your own ideas for expansion packs you would like to see in any game

Member Lance Corporal Sparticus_reborn's Avatar

Caesar would definitely be worth seeing. At the same time what would be truly epic is if somehow they could make a Constantinople total war. I'm not talking about a campaign limited to just one time frame, but one that stretches from the roman empire all the way up to the byzantine empire. I think it would be awesome to see a total war game that took a bit of a civ approach to the different ages.

Senior Member Corporal

I've thought about how great it would be to have a TW that covers a vast period of time, but I see a couple problems. Either one game would take absolutely forever or your generals/agents/leaders would be dieing like every four turns. Or you would finish the game well before you went through all the technology. Another problem is that the detail and diversity we have gotten with TW games would have to be sacrificed to have ~2,000 years of history in one game.

Senior Member Captain TheImperatorofRome's Avatar

i believe that a Caesar DLC or campaign would be EPIC!!! it would have to start after about 75BC or so and end at the rise of Octavian in 27BC or maybe even a bit later. so this period would cover the Gallic Wars, dictatorship of Pompey, Sulla, Caesar, but it could twist dramatically. say u send Brutus to Egypt and he gets killed, Caesar may never have been assassinated. this would make the game super interesting.
    who agrees?

Senior Member Brigadier HeirofAlexander's Avatar

I think they were going to have a Caesar Gaul Campaign in the original. But it was never done. It is in some game folder or something though..

Junior Member Private

It would be a good idea for an expansion of Rome 2, but not for the main game, i think. I also had an idea for an expansion of Rome 2. I was thinking: what if you could play as the rebels and apart from taking over cities bij laying siege on them, you could also make them riot so they become rebels too. This could feature Spartacus. Causing riots would be a whole new way of playing the game, bringing new strategies, new agents perhaps. What do you think?

@Karelfornia Instead of new agents they would probably have that as a job for spies and its a great idea. I just want this game to be made

I think they will first make the rome 2 with the map stretching from scotland to the indus,
    And after that they will do an expansion similar to medieval 2 kingdoms, including the gallic wars, the punic wars and the civil wars. Atleast thats how I would do it.

Junior Member Private tungri_centurion's Avatar

rome 2 shoud have shorter campaigns.not one large.firts rise of rome till you got italia,than republic era(scipio,marius,...) with punic, macedonian,greek &spanisch wars,than fall of republic to dictator era,gallic,asia minor,civilwar,egypt wars,pirate&spartacus rebelion (pompei,crassus,gracchus,ceaser,antonius,brutus,oc tavius...)than fall of the empire against east vs west,dacia,huns,saxons,sassanid,franks that invading the borders.(hadri****,constantijn,decius....).also more historic allays.port cities to sack not only harbors to block, not a bigger map but maybe more cities. if you build forts near roads after a time it will become village or so?? you like any of these id??

Junior Member Private Sir Hynafol's Avatar

I agree! It would be a massive hit and would sell by the thousands!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast