Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beta Multiplayer campaign files ever going to be available?

Member Lance Corporal cattlekiller's Avatar

Default Beta Multiplayer campaign files ever going to be available?

I will admit I am late finding out how great Total War games really are.
    The only one I currently own is Shogun 2, which I only got cause of multiplayer campaign.
    Mainly only play Coop games , and Shogun 2 was insanely great in this regard.

Was really close to picking up Empire Total War after finding out about it's beta campaign, but now reading it looks like the beta keys are not going out anymore.Timing is everything I know , since it has been closed recently.But I didn't rush to grab a key when I could have a month ago or so.I would have purchased it last month if I knew a date was set on the beta keys, I just assumed the beta would never go away .
    I would grab it up in a heartbeat if I knew I could play Coop campaign.
    I plan to buy Napoleon soon which has it integrated already , but I prefer Empire's setting a lot better.

The desync's I was getting in Shogun 2 was frustrating at 1st , then found out a great work around and it know works great.79 hours in Shogun 2 multiplayer campaign last 2 weeks.
    I personally only play multiplayer with people I know, and the grand campaign in Empire looks crazy good.

But is the beta files ever going to be available again?
    If the option was there I would even purchase the files via DLC on Steam if needed.
    I just want to play it coop plain and simple.

Junior Member Private

Not to mention they advertised this pre-release “The campaign mode allows two friends (or mortal enemies) to play against one another and the AI through the Grand Campaign mode. Players will be given the option of fighting every battle as the enemy, meaning whoever your friend fights wherever in the world it will always be the two of [you] involved in a deathmatch.”

And

“an opportunity to participate in the 1 versus 1 multiplayer campaign mode beta [which] will be made available to all Empire Total War buyers post release.”

Funny how they didn't live up to that promise. They just screwed everyone out of the co-op campaigns.

Member Lance Corporal

It's really sad to see one of Total War's newest games to have lost some of its multiplayer features (especially the best campaign they have made yet).

Administrator and Co-Lead Moderator Master and Commander Dionysius the Mighty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anguskerr View Post

“an opportunity to participate in the 1 versus 1 multiplayer campaign mode beta(emphasis added) [which] will be made available to all Empire Total War buyers post release.”

Funny how they didn't live up to that promise. They just screwed everyone out of the co-op campaigns.
    All that says is that CA would release a 1vs1 multiplayer campaign beta after release. This is exactly what happened. How common is it really for beta products to go on forever?

"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end." ~ Field Marshal Haig, order to British troops, 1918

Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions

Junior Member Private

No it isn't exactly what happened. It says 'For all players'. But it's not for all players. I can't play multiplayer campaigns with my friends, which is the only reason I bought the game. I'd return it if I could, but I bought it on steam so I can't. Instead, I'll just never buy another one of CA's games, and reccomend all my friends never to get one since they drop features whenever they feel like it.

Administrator and Co-Lead Moderator Master and Commander Dionysius the Mighty's Avatar

When it came out it was for all players, no one was turned away from the beta who wanted to be in it. It doesn't say anything about it being a never ending beta.

"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end." ~ Field Marshal Haig, order to British troops, 1918

Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions

Junior Member Private

No, you're mistakenly conflating terms. When you say 'all players' it means all players. Not 'a certain amount of players'.

Senior Member General

No, it says "an opportunity to participate in a beta will be made available to all buyers post release", and an opportunity was made available to all buyers post release, just not forever. Opportunities pass, and since this, as you say, is a pre-release statement, it was correct and not misleading. You can hardly buy the game now and say a statement from four years ago made you.

Quote Originally Posted by anguskerr View Post
    “an opportunity to participate in the 1 versus 1 multiplayer campaign mode beta [which] will be made available to all Empire Total War buyers post release.”
    Firstly, no they didn't "screw out" everyone, because a lot of people did get keys and can still play the mpc. Actually, that they can is beyond the scope of the announcement, because usually betas end.
    Secondly, fyi, there never was a "coop"-campaign; they never said there would be. It always was purely versus.
    Looking forward to what the community makes of the new mod tools!

Junior Member Private Mr.Holiday's Avatar

Arguing stops here. The question was, originally, whether or not the multiplayer beta would be reopened or made
    available in the future. That's the real heart of the issue.
    So will it? Has it been given up on? Is it being worked on? Or is it in the closet?

With the recent price drop my friends and I were considering getting it but without the Campaign Multiplayer it just isn't worth it. It enhances the game's longevity. There are tons of other games who focus on the battles more than Total War does, so we might as well get those instead.

Senior Member General

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Holiday View Post
    question was, originally, whether or not the multiplayer beta would be reopened or made
    available in the future.
    Well, no.
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...y-distribution.
    Looking forward to what the community makes of the new mod tools!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast