Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: heroes in the fall of the samurai

Junior Member Private

Default heroes in the fall of the samurai

Hi all
    I have a question. Will there be any heroes in the new fall of the samurai? I really hope there will be.

What about a Gatling gun warrior monk hero?

Junior Member Private

that would be good, no but seriously will there be heroes?

Sorry i got no clue, but i am sure one of the top blokes on this forum will know. But i cant see heroes working very well when most armies will be full of matchlock ashigaru or something similar.

Moderator Master and Commander DenmarkRules's Avatar

Heroes had no role and this period of war. A man trained with a rifle for just 2 hours could without any problems kill a man that had spend 20 years of his life dedicated to training with a katana/yari/yumi. The new weapons made the old fighting technichs obselute, just as a knight in Europe quickly became obsolute when muskets was introduced. It could without problems penetrate their very expensive armor and kill them, and the soldier firing the gun needed minimal training.
    I actually think Kate talked about this in the newest trailer released about the game.

However if we see some of the old melee-fighting units in game, we might see a hero unit. However I really doubt it as a single platoon with rifles could kill an entire unit of heroes in just 1 volley.

[sarcasm]

Edit: I forgot! We will of course have a Tom Cruise hero unit! How could I forget?

[/sarcasm]

"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Senior Member Sergeant NoodleMeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DenmarkRules View Post
    [sarcasm]

Edit: I forgot! We will of course have a Tom Cruise hero unit! How could I forget?

[/sarcasm]
    OH LOL YEAH... seriously though, don't even start :P I've had enough seeing this very same thing on every single FotS video on Youtube...

No, heroes would definitively find themselves in the wrong place here... Skill might let you defeat 100 opponents with swords drawn... but no skill can change the fact that a bullet will pierce through whatever armor he might be wearing, and also smash his innards into spaghetti should he be really unlucky...

And to what Kate said, it was something like: "Instead of relying on expert swordsmen and people you have very few of, you can train ANYBODY to fire a Gatling gun". :P
    "The will to conquer all else outside your own self. That is, ambition in its purest form."

Quote Originally Posted by vapera29 View Post
    Gatling gun monks were already introduced in the original Shogun 2... oh well they were nerfed however... now they are just ordinary matchlocks..

true+story.JPG
    Make a Medieval 3!
    More units.
    More interested in European history.
    Different cultures.
    More factions.
    Not that many gun powder troops, it's not a new Empire I want.

Member Lance Corporal RagingCroppy's Avatar

Are the traditional samurai units in this game just copies of the sengoku units? Or are they new models? If they just use the old ones I see no reason why they can’t have the old hero units as well, if only to make it more dramatic when they are mowed down by the Gatling guns.

Senior Member Lieutenant MrBoBo1's Avatar

Tom Cruise will convert provinces to scientology. The end movie will be something along these lines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3qu-sCei3U

Senior Member Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by vapera29 View Post
    Yes with Whistling round to make enemy even route faster lol

Hopefully we shouldn't see hero units... It will be really odd to see something like that in this time period where gun will just kill them at ease.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast